Orange Urate / Infrequent BMs

pascalsmomma

Hello All! I am frustrated and need your opinions please. My chameleon does not poop very often - aprox. 2 times a week. I offer to hand water him twice a day, sometimes he drinks. I also have a ReptiRain that goes off once an hour. Please see the picture of his poop provided below. He does not have sunken eyes and he is very active and seems happy however he does not use the bathroom often and his urates are orange. Please help me help my little one.

Attachments

• 1CA78A65-DC39-42EB-8041-DBD72EE25496.jpeg
    1CA78A65-DC39-42EB-8041-DBD72EE25496.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 123
How long do you have the reptirain set to mist for? How long do you hand mist for?

As mentioned by Kinyonga, chameleons need to be stimulated to drink in some cases which is why most keeper will suggest setting a mister to run for atleast 2-3 minutes or longer. I personally set my mister to run for 5 minutes two time per day along with 2 or 3 shorter 3 minute mistings. I also have a long misting of 10 minutes or more once per week.

How old is the chameleon and have you had the feces tested for parasites?

Hello All! I am frustrated and need your opinions please. My chameleon does not poop very often - aprox. 2 times a week. I offer to hand water him twice a day, sometimes he drinks. I also have a ReptiRain that goes off once an hour. Please see the picture of his poop provided below. He does not have sunken eyes and he is very active and seems happy however he does not use the bathroom often and his urates are orange. Please help me help my little one.
Could try smearing a little pumpkin puree onto his feeder.

Back
Top Bottom