Opinions on outdoor enclosure

Dragonfly11s

Hello all,
Lots of reading and research. We now are on day 5 with our baby veiled chameleon. We have been pretty successful with crickets and superworms. The enclosure has powersun 100w, and a drip system for now. Being florida humidity has not been an issue yet. About a third of the cage is dry and 2/3 wet. Have a drain and a bucket. .....AND I need to figure out how to post the pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 164
The enclosure looks real nice. Does the cage get a decent amount of natural sunlight during the day??? If so, you really don't need the powersun. It is plenty warm outside right now, so you certainly do not need the heat. The powersun is a uva/uvb right?

I live in Fla also. My cages are outside though, and not in a screen enclosure which looks like is where you have it. I use no lights and no heat but they are in the direct sun.

Inside dimensions are 54"x48"x20" and it is inside a screen porch. We used 1/4" metal screen on the top to let light in but overall with shading it probably only gets 20% of full blazing sun. Power sun is UVA, UVB and heat. I found him basking in front of the bulb once on a rainy day

Inside dimensions are 54"x48"x20" and it is inside a screen porch. We used 1/4" metal screen on the top to let light in but overall with shading it probably only gets 20% of full blazing sun. Power sun is UVA, UVB and heat. I found him basking in front of the bulb once on a rainy day

That should be big enough to last him basically his entire life.

If the heat lamp is on a different side than the sunny side, just make sure that it doesn't heat up the entire cool side, because then he'll have nowhere to cool down.

I assume one side is heated by sun, and then the middle is cool, and then the other side has the light?

The light is over the dry shaded side but angled toward the sunny side. There is a platform that keeps on corner dry and cool/shaded from sun and bulb

I have to pull the coco fiber and put something else on the shelf but the original idea was to reposition the heat lamp (ceramic at night) in the winter (FL) to make a warm box. I have the 4th piece of plexi to make it cozy, but to still have access to the rest of the cage. We will see how it works out this winter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom