Opinions on distantly related Panther breeding

Rea01

Ok guys I need some insight on breeding. I have a male panther and have been hunting for a perfect female, I found one that I am very interested in but the females great grandsire is my males grandsire. Is there risks? Is this considered inbreeding? It’s equivalent to
25% x 12.5% related I believe. Thank you for your input ahead of time.

Talk to Matt Vanilla Gorilla, & Alphakenc, they will lead you in right direction

Last edited:
One more thing. We recently saw disastrous results with a well known breeder who did "line breeding" more accurately known as inbreeding. That person ended up losing a lot of trust and customers when their chameleons sold started showing the same basic health problems!
Ok. So there isn’t a distant enough way too where it isn’t inbreeding or dangerous for the offspring. I appreciate your comments!

Ok. So there isn’t a distant enough way too where it isn’t inbreeding or dangerous for the offspring. I appreciate your comments!
It's not like people where there's a law against marrying your 1st cousin but not your 2nd. But people are still going to look at you weird for marrying your 2nd cousin... Better off going unrelated. @Matt Vanilla Gorilla selects his males wildcaught so he knows there is no chance of inbreeding in his babies.

It's not like people where there's a law against marrying your 1st cousin but not your 2nd. But people are still going to look at you weird for marrying your 2nd cousin... Better off going unrelated. @Matt Vanilla Gorilla selects his males wildcaught so he knows there is no chance of inbreeding in his babies.
Yeah. I will probably not be going this route then lol. Thanks y’all for your input. I don’t want to ruin my reputation before I even get one.

Not all my males are wild caught but when we buy non wild we do a lot of research. We also keep some of our own offspring with nice potential as future breeders. I would for instance not have purchased the offspring from this pairing in question if I could help it.

You just made Matt’s panthers even more desirable! Stop! Lol

This is a good way to do it. Females are hard to tell colors on WC so it's always easier to breed these from CB where you know the lines colors, you can then match that to a WC Male. A deciding factor on getting Koba was that his sire was wild caught and his damns sire was wild caught. So I can breed him to pretty much any female outside of that one specific breeder.

Back
Top Bottom