Opinion on Dragon Strand Enclosures.

Char333p

Avid Member
So, originally I was planning on just getting the reptibreeze 2x2x4 for my growing chameleon. But I saw the DragonStrand 2x2x4 Partial glass ( I know not glass but..) What are your thoughts on that enclosure? Or would you recommend just all screened?

I was debating the same question when I bought my first chameleon enclosure a few months back. Go ahead and get the one with dragon ledges. It is not much cost difference in the long run and makes setting up the branching so much simpler! The cage is also supposedly rust proof. I don’t know if the reptibreeze are. Finally, Bill Strand is a great businessperson who helps resolve any problems quickly. He contributes so much to the community as a whole through podcasts, info, etc.

I was debating the same question when I bought my first chameleon enclosure a few months back. Go ahead and get the one with dragon ledges. It is not much cost difference in the long run and makes setting up the branching so much simpler! The cage is also supposedly rust proof. I don’t know if the reptibreeze are. Finally, Bill Strand is a great businessperson who helps resolve any problems quickly. He contributes so much to the community as a whole through podcasts, info, etc.

Yeahhh i just ordered the 2x2x4 glass enclosure with 5 stands.. i can seevthem being super useful!

I have 3 Dragon Strand enclosures. 2 Medium Atriums and 1 Large Clearside Atrium. My only complaint is a better latch system for the doors would make them perfect. I have a few that have either popped off or the black plastic latch snapped. On those I have replaced with velcro straps and is working wonderfully (idea from Bill to fix the issue I had)

I'm interested in these responses because I'm considering replacing a couple of older DIY screen enclosures with something that will contain mist. I've decided to get a Mistking system instead of hand misting. The Dragon Strand enclosures look good and I like the accessory trays. I'm also considering at least one with a bioactive substrate. I have kept dart frogs for years so I have cultures of several types of microfauna I can use.

Any other comments on the Dragon Strand products or even other suggestions?

I recently went with the advice of many on this site and purchased a Dragon Strand and LOVE it. Unfortunately it came beat up by the shipping people. I took pictures of the box, bent frame pieces that I thought would be compromised, and Bill Strand immediately (and I mean IMMEDIATELY) shipped me out everything I needed - and then some! with no extra charge). I got it all set up and it looks incredible. My cham hasn't moved yet and I'm working on filling out the new Dragon Strand, but right now he's in a smaller reptibreeze and there is just such a huge difference in quality. I'll never buy a reptibreeze again, haha!

Thanks @amfire125 I was looking at those cages and your post convinced me to pull the trigger

No problem! And if you're not strapped for money, I encourage buying extra dragon ledges because they're so incredible too! They're really what make this cage the shizzz. I did not, and I'm calling it a rookie mistake lol. I would buy more but I'm kind of in a rush to get my new enclosure ready for my growing boy. I can just tell he's ready for more space!

Bottom line: Go dragon strand and don't look back! You can't go wrong!

These cages are well designed, well built, and you can't really beat the customer service. Not to mention that Mr. Strand does the chameleon podcast, so you have cages designed by a guy who breeds these critters. Think on all that and then open up the wallet.

Yeah, I ordered the clearside, then changed my mind, wondering if full screen would be better. But I live in NY our cool months out way our hot months so I decided and repurchased my original. I am so excited to get it, hopefully it wont take too long cause I know he has to practically build them

Yeah, I ordered the clearside, then changed my mind, wondering if full screen would be better. But I live in NY our cool months out way our hot months so I decided and repurchased my original. I am so excited to get it, hopefully it wont take too long cause I know he has to practically build them

You can check their build schedule too. They build the different enclosure styles in seasons and have them in stock in the seasons. Mine came super fast because it was in season. Worth looking into for planning :)

Back
Top Bottom