Ophelia is a Savage!

opheliaeatsbugs

Avid Member
Guess what she did? Laid a 29 egg clutch (down from 54-56) over night Saturday. I waited a full day before digging them up, to make sure she was done.

If anyone remembers our last (and her first) time around, this is a very different story. I expected a similar routine from her, but this time was very different. There were no "signs like before. No digging test holes for an entire month. No frenetic pacing, climbing or scratching the screen.

Saturday evening, she wasn't getting ready for bed, she had started a hole (I threw a blanket over the front). Worked all night (stayed/slept) in her hole and spent 1/2 of Sunday covering it up to her satisfaction and climbed up to sit on her branch all done. Less than 1 day from start to finish. Beast mode!

She is skinnier than last time (although in this pic of her she is a little puffed up) but I think that is to be expected since I do not over feed or feed everyday so she is not a tree cow, like the first time. She is getting big, fat, juicy gutloaded dubia with calcium everyday for the next couple days.

Yah for easy, second time around!

Attachments

• 20170911_164517.jpg
    20170911_164517.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20170911_012236_512.jpg
    IMG_20170911_012236_512.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 111
:eek: Wow!!! Im so happy to hear that O did well this time around!!! What a relief for you!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you both that it continues this easy!!

Keep it up O!!!! What a cool customer this time :cool:

Guess what she did? Laid a 29 egg clutch (down from 54-56) over night Saturday. I waited a full day before digging them up, to make sure she was done.

If anyone remembers our last (and her first) time around, this is a very different story. I expected a similar routine from her, but this time was very different. There were no "signs like before. No digging test holes for an entire month. No frenetic pacing, climbing or scratching the screen.

Saturday evening, she wasn't getting ready for bed, she had started a hole (I threw a blanket over the front). Worked all night (stayed/slept) in her hole and spent 1/2 of Sunday covering it up to her satisfaction and climbed up to sit on her branch all done. Less than 1 day from start to finish. Beast mode!

She is skinnier than last time (although in this pic of her she is a little puffed up) but I think that is to be expected since I do not over feed or feed everyday so she is not a tree cow, like the first time. She is getting big, fat, juicy gutloaded dubia with calcium everyday for the next couple days.

Yah for easy, second time around!
Wow what a difference that's awesome !!. Hope Frances sec is like this too gives me hope :love:.

I was going to tag u in this post! I have been wondering if Frances is ready to go again
She's up from 69 grams to 89 grams . No color change . We are just keeping an eye on her . She always has her lay bin . I'm happy you posted this . Did O Display her colors beyond the pic you posted ?

She's up from 69 grams to 89 grams . No color change . We are just keeping an eye on her . She always has her lay bin . I'm happy you posted this . Did O Display her colors beyond the pic you posted ?

After her first lay in May (see what I did there? Lol), she has had beautiful, bright green patterns. Then the color I posted recently was a dramatic change... apparently it meant : I'm ready - and going - to lay again right now!

After her first lay in May (see what I did there? Lol), she has had beautiful, bright green patterns. Then the color I posted recently was a dramatic change... apparently it meant : I'm ready - and going - to lay again right now!
Yes Frances had beautiful colors as well for some time after, she did not get dark . Maybe just the day she actually layed . She layed feb 9th . She had an X-ray 3 months ago and there was no sight of eggs . That's was 3 months and over that time she had put some weight on . Though 69 grams was a little small for her . She's not a huge girl though .

So here is an interesting addendum to Ophelia's story...

Last Thursday (9/21), O went through the process AGAIN of digging a hole, working all night and spent the following day (Friday) covering it up. Today, I dug up another 7 eggs. What gives? Did she not lay them all during the last event on 9/9? Should I be worried? Am I doing something wrong? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! TIA :)
@Andee @Nursemaia @kinyonga @Kristen Wilkins

I don't like it when they do this...but it's better to have laid the eggs than to have retained them.
Is she acting normal since this last few were laid? Eating ....drinking...active?

Yes, all other things are normal... She was out today in the sun for an hour - came out on her own. Doing everything as usual. She eats very well. The only other thing that is a little off, is she is not pooping as regularly as she usually does.

Back
Top Bottom