Open wounds on the feet

Perhaps some of the parsonii keepers may have some advice. I know there are often issues with their feet and they may have tips on how to aid the healing process.

Don't know if this is of any help but Both Jannb and a couple of others told me about silver sulfadiazine for pink foot- hopefully others will help too,
do you know why he has sores in the first place.

If you could post some photos and perhaps give us some more information about how he got these wounds I think that would be helpful.

I've use chlorahexadine soaks and silvadene. You use just enough chlorahexadine to tint the water a very slight blue. Soaking the feet every day for 10 mins, then reapplying silvadene helped for melleri that came with foot wounds from wire caging, sometimes infected and with bones visible. Chlorahexadine can be ordered for about $60 a gallon online. Less is more, as too much will pickle living tissue.

I think his bone is visible on his back foot! But I put the iodine on one x a day and put it on his purch and it seems to be working .I missed a day and they look better. I think it started because there was to much moisture in his glass enclosure!

I had this happen to our boy Diablo. The legion on the bottom of his foot would never heal due to him climbing on it, re opening it up, climbing all over wet materials, and getting bacteria in it. The only solution that worked was having a vet professionally bandage it and replace it every week for about three weeks until the wound started scabbing and healing, I then moved him into my bathtub and created a very dry 1 foot high branching area for him to chill on, I stopped watering him all together to allow the wound to stay dry and started watering him through a needleess syringe. Healed in about a week. Ohh I also baytrilled him a little everyday to help fight infection. People say baytril is mainly for respiratory but I have found that it works as an anti biotic for the while body ;)

Baytril is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat a range of bacterial infections, not just those of the respiratory tract.

Long-standing foot infections can result from bacterial buildup on perches. In addition to treating the cham you'll need to disinfect, scrub, or replace the cage perches or it will just recur.

Back
Top Bottom