Open range in closet??

gogochameleon

I was thinking of building a open range in my closet, he is WC and i feel bad having him in a cage. I was gonna take off the doors and put up a 12in plastic wall so he cant get out. I will put 2 t-12 plant and aquarium bulbs at the top and have one 24" T-8 uvb bulb also. I need any sugestions at all, like plants that are big i can put in there. I pretty much want a jungle in my closet for him. I hand feed him so crickets getting out are not a issue. I will make sure he cant reach over my wall. Anyone ever try this? Should I put up like a shower curtain for privacy or just leave it open?? Any info will help:D

also stools or something sturdy to elevate the plants works great if you cant find any small trees or plants big and high enough

Nice, i like the hanging plant with your setup, good idea. Sturdy stools will work great. I have a shelf in there to that i can put plants on to

A ficus would be another good option. These are a little harder to keep than schefflera (umbrella plants) or pothos but can grow to be pretty tall.

It sounds like your idea would work. How large is the closet and will it have adequate fresh air? I have a free range area that my chams share. It is about 8' x3 1/2', I have it filled with hibiscus trees, ficus trees, umbrella trees, regular size hibiscus plants with biovine and pothos with electrical wire wrapping the stems so they provide highways for my chams. But since mine are only out for a day at a time I don't worry about uvb or heat lights, nor do I feed on their day out, but I do spray them.

It sounds like your idea would work. How large is the closet and will it have adequate fresh air? I have a free range area that my chams share. It is about 8' x3 1/2', I have it filled with hibiscus trees, ficus trees, umbrella trees, regular size hibiscus plants with biovine and pothos with electrical wire wrapping the stems so they provide highways for my chams. But since mine are only out for a day at a time I don't worry about uvb or heat lights, nor do I feed on their day out, but I do spray them.

Do you have any pictures of your set up? I'd love to see it. I'm always looking for new ways to build onto my free range. Sounds like you've got some spoiled chams! :D

Do you have any pictures of your set up? I'd love to see it. I'm always looking for new ways to build onto my free range. Sounds like you've got some spoiled chams! :D

No but I will take & post one tomorrow. If I forget, just remind me.:)

My closet is 8ftx6ftx2.5ft. Plenty fresh air. I think im starting to build this week. Will post pic, thanks for some plant ideas, picking up some plants soon!:D

Back
Top Bottom