Open mouth

Kalibr03

Buddah is now a little over 5 months old, I recently changed out his heat light for a daylight heat bulb and now only have heat on for 12hours so I have lower temps at night. Anyways recently I see him with an open mouth and I'm not sure if I should be worried. I have heard people talking about their chams having their mouth open. In the best basking spot its 90 and in the coolest part of the cage its like 75. I'm guessing it has to do with the new light or maybe he's just getting older and tougher?? He is behaving perfectly normal otherwise so I just want to make sure that this isnt a bad sign.

An open mouth normally means that they are too hot. Is he able to get away from the light completely if he wants?

Jerm

His heat light is on half the cage with his UVB covering the other half. There is plenty of temp gradient for him and plenty of places he can go to get more heat or less heat. His mouth isnt open all the time, but he just never did this before and I want to make sure that its ok. He seems more aggresive than he has in the past, he got really puffed up today and was opening his mouth wide at me. I guess he just thinks he's king of the jungle now.

Back
Top Bottom