Oorana Mena or Nosy Be Panther Chameleon? (Pics)

GabeCastro

Established Member
What type of Panther Chameleon do i have? (Pics Inside)

I was told i bought a Nosy Be Panther Chameleon from a petstore, But it's starting to look allot like a Oorana Mena Panther/Nosy Faly or even a Ambanja Panther.

He's due for a shed soon, so i'll be sure to upload a pic of him once he sheds. He has a frosty look to him and his colors aren't showing as good on camera. Also i've read "Oorana Mena" means red rain for their red spots, and my cham has those red rain patterns.

I was told he's about 5-6 months old and he's only about 4" from tip of nose to the start of his bulge.

Heres a few pics of the little guy.

IMG_6887.jpg

IMG_6889.jpg

IMG_6891.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

Last edited:
looks faly to me, be dont have the red rain like this beautiful guy
Thats what i was saying. I just noticed it when a friend asked me what he would look like when he was older and i could never find a pic of a Nosy Be with red dots...If i did it would be a Faly. Also another member mentioned he looks like a Faly...

I would be very surprised if he ended up being a nosy faly at a pet store. Baby nosy bes can start out with quite a bit of red and then loose it as they get older. I've seen it a few times and other breeders have said the same thing. He could also end up being an ambanja.

I would be very surprised if he ended up being a nosy faly at a pet store. Baby nosy bes can start out with quite a bit of red and then loose it as they get older. I've seen it a few times and other breeders have said the same thing. He could also end up being an ambanja.
I've been trying to find pics of 5 month old Nosy Be's with red on them all day.

Someone was selling a Faly on the forums that looks almost exactly like my cham i have now. It's the first pic and his name is Regenfall.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/warning-graphic-images-nosy-faly-offspring-red-rain-86489/

Their eyes are very similar, both have a red ring around it, red rain on the bottom following down to the tail. Overall colors/patterns are damn near exact too, maybe after he sheds i can see his colors better. My camera can't capture the exact color, makes it look allot lighter/frosty than he actually is, but the regenfall cham has allot more distinct red rain patterns. But again they're pretty close.

We'll see in a few months from now what he exactly is.

Update: FALY or ?

I'm still curious to see what others have to say about my panther.

Here's some recent photos that were taken today, even the sleeping ones.

_MG_8109copy.jpg

_MG_8134copy.jpg

JasperChilling2.jpg

Sleepy1.jpg

Sleepy2.jpg

Sleepy3.jpg

I have a nosybe pair and a nosyfaly pair he looks more faly to me.Questions like these are another reason to buy from a breeder that keeps records and not a pet shop.Anyway he looks great! And healthy too.

looks like ambanja to me
yeah i've heard allot of that too.

When do chams start showing their "Big Boy" colors? At how many months can you see their final colors?

I have a nosybe pair and a nosyfaly pair he looks more faly to me.Questions like these are another reason to buy from a breeder that keeps records and not a pet shop.Anyway he looks great! And healthy too.

Thanks!

I learned my lesson...My pet store experience was ridiculous. I'm sure he's mixed with something, Ambanja x ?

He does look allot like a faly though, but the Faly's i see at his age are really bright. I can't get Jasper to show off. He doesn't get mad at anything!!! All my pics are from him basking in the sun w/ a slight brown tint, necks not out, etc.

im cool with the owner there, his shop does suck though. when you got him was he in the back of the shop in this glass room thing in a tiny cage next to 2 female panthers. if so he is an ambanja. he had some a few months ago. the females are still there.

im cool with the owner there, his shop does suck though. when you got him was he in the back of the shop in this glass room thing in a tiny cage next to 2 female panthers. if so he is an ambanja. he had some a few months ago. the females are still there.

lol small world.

He's a good looking male.

Really? Def small world, well the owner told me he was a Nosy Be lmao...After i bought him with a NO RETURN POLICY.

One of his workers is a F****** joke. I could of ended that stores rep.

I'm cool with an Ambanja's though, that was one of my choices if i wanted to get another cham lol. Now i can get a Nosy Be or Faly.

Back
Top Bottom