Oorana mena and Nosy faly

they are two different places in madagascar. All the locales mean is where on madagascar they come from

They're the same. Nosy Faly is the name of the island and I believe Oorana mena means "red rain" in Malagasy, and it was coined for the locale by a breeder. But they're both names for the same locale, technically just Nosy Faly.

they are two different places in madagascar. All the locales mean is where on madagascar they come from

Although this is usually true, Oorana Mena, as Olimpia said means Red Rain in Malagasy. This term was coined by Screameleons when they brought the locale into the states; however, all they really are is nosy faly, which is an island where the locale is from.

I do not think they were the very first ones to bring them in, but don't quote me on that as i am not sure. I think they gave this name due to the fact that there was quite a bit of controversy over the locale and what were considered pure nosy faly. That may have something to do with why they gave them the name red rain, although I am not positive.

The name Oorana Mena was first given to them to keep the locale secret to one specific exporter in Madagascar. Screameleons was the first to get them in the US. The same was done with the first Nosy Mitsios - Mafana and Soabana were used. It's probably going to happen again this season with another new color form.

Back
Top Bottom