Only worms

My girl won’t eat crickets no more nor the roaches but will chow any worm.. what do I do
How old is she? Personally, I don't like the starvation approach with very young quickly growing animals, but that's me, and it depends partly on how long it takes and how long you can stand it.

If she's an adult (or pretty close), I would do (and have done) it, and it has worked.

Another method that has worked for me is putting feeders she'll eat—along with feeder you're trying to get her to eat—in the same bowl/feeder run. Count how many of each. With any luck, she's bound to zap one or more of the non-worms; IME, once they're in the mouth, it's rare that they'll spit them out.
Count again after feeding to see if/how well it's working or not.

How old is she? Personally, I don't like the starvation approach with very young quickly growing animals, but that's me, and it depends partly on how long it takes and how long you can stand it.

If she's an adult (or pretty close), I would do (and have done) it, and it has worked.

Another method that has worked for me is putting feeders she'll eat—along with feeder you're trying to get her to eat—in the same bowl/feeder run. Count how many of each. With any luck, she's bound to zap one or more of the non-worms; IME, once they're in the mouth, it's rare that they'll spit them out.

She’s about 6-7 months

She’s about 6-7 months
She should be beginning to taper off frequency & # of feeders soon, but they're all different.

At this age, I think either method I described above is worth trying. Number of days of her not eating at all before caving is a judgment call; if she's healthy otherwise, I'd give her 6-7 days. If she still won't eat crickets or roaches, I'd try the mixing method.

Keep her well hydrated regardless. ;)

Back
Top Bottom