Only using 2 limbs

a23cham

about 10 minutes ago I walked into my room and saw my female ambilobe hanging on a branch using her front and hind right legs to hang on, this wouldn't have concerned me much if it weren't for the fact that she was holding onto her hind left leg with her front left leg and wouldn't allow me to approach her and would try to bite whenever I got to close to her left side, a minute later she nearly fell but was fine, she let go of the leg and crawled up to the top of her cage and started sun-bathing. I am not sure why she was doing this and if this should be something to be concerned about.

I just saw my female with her two front legs on the same branch and her tail wrapped on a branch behind her. Her two back legs were sprawled wide open like she was flying. She didn't move for a while so I went in to check her out and she moved fine. Do you think she was lookin' for some action? LOL

After I made her move I wondered why the hell I didn't get my camera out before I checked on her. Now I'll know to get the pic first next time! They certainly do get in some crazy positions!

Dyesub Dave. :D

My little guy was just hanging up-side-down holding onto a branch with his front feet and his tail was around the same branch.He then had his left rear foot holding onto his tail and his other foot was out in space. He seemed confused.... after a second or two he figured it out.

If it was just a random event, then I wouldn't worry about it.

If the chameleon often grasps its own leg and seems not to have control of where the legs are going, then it can be a sign of a calcium imbalance.

If you go over your husbandry here (lights, supplements, gutload, etc.) it may provide some clues.

Well yesterday she began sheddding so I have come to the conclusion she was just trying to get the shedding process started or something along those lines, thanks everyone for the advice

Back
Top Bottom