Only eating Wax Worms

Addicted to wax worms, they're fatty, it's like feeding your cham twinkies. Stop feeding them. Keep offering crickets/roaches or other nutritious feeders until she eats them. If she wont eat, let her go hungry until she does. She wont starve herself.

Addicted to wax worms, they're fatty, it's like feeding your cham twinkies. Stop feeding them. Keep offering crickets/roaches or other nutritious feeders until she eats them. If she wont eat, let her go hungry until she does. She wont starve herself.
Ok Thankyou I have been trying to get her to eat crickets do I need to offer other insects besides crickets?

It's good to offer as much of a variety as possible. In the wild they come across hundreds/thousands of insects. Each has different nutrients to offer along with added stimulation of eating something different. It's a good idea to feed nicely gutloaded crickets and roaches about 80% of the time with the other 20% making up a variety of whatever you can get your hands on. Bottleflies are great and chams love hunting them, fun for them and us to watch. Bsfl, silkworms, hornworms, different roach species, superworms, etc all make great variety. Good luck

It's good to offer as much of a variety as possible. In the wild they come across hundreds/thousands of insects. Each has different nutrients to offer along with added stimulation of eating something different. It's a good idea to feed nicely gutloaded crickets and roaches about 80% of the time with the other 20% making up a variety of whatever you can get your hands on. Bottleflies are great and chams love hunting them, fun for them and us to watch. Bsfl, silkworms, hornworms, different roach species, superworms, etc all make great variety. Good luck
Thankyou

so if wax worms are no good for them why do so many people insist on giving them to there Chams? I dont ever give my Chams wax worms never had never will but is there some sort of misleading information out there that people keep giving there Chams these worms? I’ve seen so many post just like this one

so if wax worms are no good for them why do so many people insist on giving them to there Chams? I dont ever give my Chams wax worms never had never will but is there some sort of misleading information out there that people keep giving there Chams these worms? I’ve seen so many post just like this one
They're okay to give to your cham every once in a while. It's like eating chocolate or donuts every now and then is okay, so long as it doesn't make up the bulk of the diet.

I only feed waxworms on the days when my cham is due for supplementation, so they get dusted. Other than that they're nothing but fat and protein.

Do I need to give my chameleon supplements???

They're okay to give to your cham every once in a while. It's like eating chocolate or donuts every now and then is okay, so long as it doesn't make up the bulk of the diet.

I only feed waxworms on the days when my cham is due for supplementation, so they get dusted. Other than that they're nothing but fat and protein.
YES! I have no idea how often you have your chameleon in natural sunlight but they need multivitamins, calcium, and calcium with D3. I'd highly suggest that you look into the recourses our wonderful forums have provided us with: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/
I try to put my chameleon outside everyday for natural sunlight and I also put calcium on the food is there anything else I need to do

I try to put my chameleon outside everyday for natural sunlight and I also put calcium on the food is there anything else I need to do
Dont give him calcium with d3 if hes getting it natural sunlight. It will do more harm than good. And you dont need to use a multivitamin if youre gutloading but thats up to you. I always perfered gutloading to avoid the potential of hypervitaminosis. So that being said a little goes a long way.

Dont give him calcium with d3 if hes getting it natural sunlight. It will do more harm than good. And you dont need to use a multivitamin if youre gutloading but thats up to you. I always perfered gutloading to avoid the potential of hypervitaminosis. So that being said a little goes a long way.
What does gutloading mean? Like putting calcium on my crickets???

Back
Top Bottom