One would think

redhorse

Chameleon Enthusiast
One would think that after 8 plus months including being watched coming out of an egg, there would be a little more understanding who is the care taker. Not when it comes to SOME Veileds.

I see them 5 or 6 times a day, feed them 2 or 3 times, water multiple times and I still get this response in the morning.

This is why I really enjoy Veileds- You never know what your going to get (was going to use the saying in Forest Gump-- chocolate comparison but no). ;) (y)

Pic # 1 is what I see without my glasses as I search for him.

Yeah ------he has me in focus before I even spot him.. Those white feet don't help at all, but do give him credit for trying.

Last 2 are after he gets a few worms and crickets inside his belly..

Attachments

• PXL_20210811_142405605.jpg
    PXL_20210811_142405605.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20210811_142410930.jpg
    PXL_20210811_142410930.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20210811_142457748.jpg
    PXL_20210811_142457748.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20210811_142457748 (2).jpg
    PXL_20210811_142457748 (2).jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20210811_150915260.jpg
    PXL_20210811_150915260.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20210811_151044548.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210811_151044548.PORTRAIT.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 90
Marvelous and spot on! Couldn’t describe any better...👌🏻🤩
This is why I really enjoy Veileds- You never know what your going to get
This is absolute the truth about Veiled’s. Albeit I experience also another behavior and I don’t know if it’s the free range in the living room or just her personality. However, us entering their domain is as you describe, on the other hand she comes more and more towards my domain. When I’m sitting on the cough our fauteuil, she comes very close (sometimes less then 10”), just observing me. Got already many pictures of it. I do think, it’s she relates me with food, and she just comes checking if she could scoop something, still there’s positive interaction.

I sincerely hope that some (experienced) CF members try it once, getting a free range setup in their living room, just if they experience in difference in behavior. Small note, I think it’s only possible without cats and/or dogs (maybe even small children).

Back to your posting, great read, made me got a smile on my face ✌🏻

Last edited:
Thanks! I don't have free range but do let them out (back yard) and know for a fact. They watch our eyes and even if I am sitting right in front, maybe 3 or 4 foot away. As soon as I look somewhere else, they are on the move, stop, go, move, wait, go stop etc......

But if I hold a cricket, worm, roach, dragonfly ----game over they come a running.

Please share some pics! This is for everyone with bonding experience. Maybe they are playing us.. ha ha

They watch our eyes and even if I am sitting right in front, maybe 3 or 4 foot away. As soon as I look somewhere else, they are on the move, stop, go, move, wait, go stop etc......
Yup 🤣🤣🤣

But if I hold a cricket, worm, roach, dragonfly ----game over they come a running.
Running?! An Olympic athlete can hold up with them, once food is in the game 🤣🤣

Please share some pics
Well let me see what I can do....

Do you hire models for your pics too? Just pulling your leg... Thanks for sharing and I can see her looking at your every move.

Fancy pad too. (y)

Yup! Engineers watch.. Awesome

Thanks for the history lesson. And many younger kids think it is BLING BLING and new design.. I always enjoy "The rest of the store". (y)

Thanks for the history lesson. And many younger kids think it is BLING BLING and new design.. I always enjoy "The rest of the store". (y)
Younger kids and even the “regular” guy doesn’t know this and don’t care for these watches, thank God🙌🏻, it’s only Rolex, Rolex and Rolex nowadays. People get ripped everyday here for their Rolex.

But back on topic 🤐😂

@redhorse ...the photo of him barely peeking over the branch almost had me in uncontrollable laughter! So typical,of some of them.

They are definitely territorial....some think of their owner as a safe tree...all of them (almost) think of us as "food vending" machines.

Attitude definitely changes when they are moved from in their cage to a free range....and again (even more) when moved outside. Just like most wild animals, they watch your eyes and nmove when you look away. However, I've had some that behave differently in all cases...like they aren't worried by my presence.

I've seen some that will act as if they hate one person and yet will go willingly to the next....that I haven't figured out the why of yet. Anyone else?

.the photo of him barely peeking over the branch almost had me in uncontrollable laughter! So typical,of some of them.
So true 😂

and again (even more) when moved outside
You're keeping them during the summer permanently outside? Assuming summer only, due the cold winters in Canada. What are keeping at the moment if may ask?

Just like most wild animals, they watch your eyes and nmove when you look away
As soon as I look somewhere else, they are on the move, stop, go, move, wait, go stop etc......
Yup, just give them a few second unsupervised time when they're having outside tree time and off they go.......

52.jpg

Sometimes I just let her, to see where she will go to and it's always shrubs instead of the tree.

I never kept any outside permanently...I had too many critters visit my yard that I thought might like to eat them....might break into the cages.

Good choice! I keep most of my stuff outdoors and just make sure all cages are locked up tight. I have noticed some opossum teeth marks once in a while but never major damage.

I did have a small breeding group of bearded pygmies live on some Ice plants and they were never messed with. I kept them mostly outside but would bring the females in once I knew they had eggs. 2 year project then gave them away (lost interest and had to many- 20 plus from 3 purchased for 24.95 ea).

Now can't even get them. Ugggg

Pic is the kind of plant but not mine.

So many fun things can be done.

Opps! had to hurry and edit.. I did have a problem---just slipped my mind--- 14 years ago my Tortoises were attacked by raccoons. Not a good ending. 😢

Attachments

• 1628821209800.png
    1628821209800.png
    914.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom