One of the more bizarre things I've seen lately

Dr O

Veterinarian
@ Home Depot---maybe the Madagascar division sells "Cham-Away"??

Attachments

• Iguana-Rid.jpg
    Iguana-Rid.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 241
I'm from Hawaii, but about 5 years ago there was an incident when a 3' iguana was loose in a school, and they put the entire school into lockdown while the police searched for it. They treat it like it's a gunman or something.

They're illegal in HI because the conditions are right for them that they would just multiply like crazy here and because we're an island there's pretty much nowhere else for them to go. Same with chameleons [emoji17]

I'm a little curious about what taste will repel an iguana, but not other pets? Plus, the image of spraying that around the outside of your house while a 5' iguana looks on is pretty amusing. "Don't worry honey, they can't cross this barrier of spray!" Maybe it's just too early, but I'm laughing at that right now :D

Yea, I wonder what is in it to keep them at bay lol.

Who has such a serious iguana problem that they'd want to repel them? A couple in your yard wouldn't be a hassle, I would think (unless they poop in your pool, and then I understand.) They're all over the place on the island where I currently live and they're just cool.

I imagine in Florida they poop in yards and pools and eat people's flowers and vegetable gardens.

That said, flowers and gardens and clean swimming pools are waay over-rated compared to going out and watching big iguanas in one's yard.

They'd go broke trying to sell iguana deterrent to me.

:D

the more you read, the funnier it gets (particularly user reviews). some factoids--

-it's a composition of sodium lauryl sulfate (the eco-firendly "soap" that kills bugs), garlic oil and cinnamon oil. 94% inert ingredients (i.e.-water). :rolleyes:

-apparently it works on "virtually all garden pests", not just reptiles. :rolleyes:

-gallon refills are available! :eek:

-it's 100% identical to their better known "Pest-Rid". :rolleyes:

-some choice quotes from reviews on Amazon/Home Depot:
"In my situation, I needed 6 bottles in order to cover the granules and spray some shrubs. I do think that it is deterring the toads, I am seeing less of them."
"This stuff does not work, it was almost as if it drew more lizards. AND IT STINKS TERRIBLY!!!"
"DOES NOT WORK WITH FLORIDA KEYS IGUANAS--Although it says that the solution won't damage the plants, in two days, the leaves are all turning yellow and the iguanas are still eating the blooms. This stuff stinks terribly and has no effect on these horrible creatures."
"I bought a gallon of Iguana Rid to deal with a lizard problem in and around my home. I live in southeast FL and lizards have overrun my patios, patio furniture, sliding glass doors, roof, shrubs and exterior walls. They were climbing into my roof vents, leaving poop stains on my walls and patio furniture. No iguanas, but have scores of anoles, geckos, skinks and curly tails (the worst of the bunch). I did make direct contact on a gecko and it was stunned and fell from the wall. A few days later they were back, but more tentative and more in the shrubs than on the patio or walls. It would take a daily gallon application everyday over a 2 week period to really be effective for what I was dealing with, imo. And that's not practical."
"THIS PRODUCT KILLS SUCCULENTS!"
"Laughed lizards--The only complaints were from my wife about the bad smell"

completely forgot---i do have the back label photo--

Attachments

• IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 143
I would NEVER try to use this on any lizard, but I sure have a few neighbors I would try it on :p

ROFL! I wonder if it would work on bears? Just kidding. They'd probably love the stuff. Speaking of bears, that super concentrated capsicum pepper spray is effective for deterring a charging bear, but the overspray is an attractant! If you need to use it you then have to leave the area completely. Bears will come roll in the residue. I guess bears think they are tough guys.

Sort of like iguanas!

Back
Top Bottom