One eye shut

dudndi138

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled cham/ female/ i've had her for about 10 months but shes at least 1 year old.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?VERY rarely! only when I put her in with the male which the last time was about 10 days ago.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I feed crickets and sometimes super mealworms(I wanted to try some silkworms but in korea they are like 150$ for the pound). Lately shes been eating about 8 crickets a day. I usually feed her a couple hours after I turn the light on. I try to gut-load whenever I can.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I use retpical and thier multivitams. I just read a few days ago to use D3 only a couple times a month and the rest with regular calcium so I got that changed. multivitamins I use about once or twice a week. I have a cricket farm too so I changed up my cricket's diet a little thinking it might be better.(started yesterday so it's not what caused the problem)
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I have a dripper. I check on it to see if it's working every time I go past by so at least 10 hours a day its working. I mist with a spray bottle about 2~3 times a day.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Usually black and white. Sometimes a little yelowish
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I think she may be pregnant. About 2 weeks ago I noticed her showing her pregnant colors.

Cage Info:its a free range ill post pics
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? sides with wood(so they cant see each other), back front and top are screen. Maybe around two feet tall two in width?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I used to use zoomed reptisun 5.0 screw in. But I took the light off and she started opening one of her eyes so I went out yesterday and got the same brand in the same 5.0 but the long type(I read in several places that these are better)
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I tried to use a temp measure gun but it broke. In the building it's usually around 85 at night around 70~75. I do have a basking light. 30watt
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? usually around 50% and I mist a couple of times.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?3~4 pothos.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? about maybe 2 1/2 feet off the ground. No fans or air vents. No traffic. Not near a window
Location - Where are you geographically located? South Korea

about ten days ago I noticed one of her eyes closed. Then in the next couple of days both closed. I took away her uvb lamp and she opened one back up about two days ago. The other one just won't open. I don't want to stress her out because shes pregnant and also I don't have the option of going to the vet. I have never met or heard or found a vet that has worked with reptiles. I once saw a guy inject vitamins in a leopard gecko tail and it broke off. So I don't really want to take my cham to a vet. I work the weekends at a petshop that has a pet hospital and never once saw anything other than a cat or dog being treated. Even the head of the vets amitted they know nothing about reptiles. I have a total of 5 chams and once had eye problems with my other female but she got better. I lost one baby cham to eye problems. Thats why I want to figure out whats the problem and get it fixed fast.

Welcome to the forums.

Can you please tell exactly what types of supplements used. The full name...

I would like to see a picture of the chameleon if that is possible. Has she shed recently?

Sometimes yellow urates...How long do you mist for?

Aside from the eye closing do you have a lay bin set up for her?

Back
Top Bottom