One Eye Closed

Ferny

orange_spots_02_thumb.jpg

Today my 3 yr old Female Veiled Chameleon has kept one eye shut and displayed unusual colours of orange spots and bright blue/green spots.

She laid 70+ eggs about 10 days ago and I expect her to be a bit out of sorts at the moment although she ate well up until the weekend.

I had her out in the sun on Sunday and she seemed ok then.

Any ideas please anybody?

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

Mine is 5 months old now and a few weeks ago he did the same thing he kept closing his left eye and keeping it closed and i was FREAKING OUT!!!! im not sure which it was he was either a bit dehydrated or had a vitamin A deficiency...those were the 2 things i came up with after searching the forum over and over again...so i immediately started using my multi vitamin supp even though it wasnt time for it and i misted his cage 3 more times a day.....and within 2 days he was back to both eyes wide open and perky as can be :)

She may have gotten something in it when she was digging the hole. I would mist it gently and see if you can flush it out that way.

Back
Top Bottom