one eye closed

tracysimpson

i have a seven month old ambilobe male been in my care since feb. I had him in free range 24-7 he started acting weird he was in there for about 2 months hes been keeping one eye closed i thought ,aybe he wasnt getting enough water,so i put him back in a cage monday ive been watering him alot keeping the dripper going while hes up gave him a shower today. I also kinda of think he may have something in his eye he has been rubbing it. I have seen him drink alittle since i put him in there and also he has ate. Do you guys think he needs a vet visit or anything else i can do for him????

Oh ok...try flushing the eye out. Put him on his tree, or a vine in the shower, turn the shower on warm (not too hot) and turn the shower head to the wall and let the water bounce off the wall and go on the tree. The steam from the shower will feel good. My cham loves showers and drinks a bunch and cleans his eyes while he's in there.

Oh ok...try flushing the eye out. Put him on his tree, or a vine in the shower, turn the shower on warm (not too hot) and turn the shower head to the wall and let the water bounce off the wall and go on the tree. The steam from the shower will feel good. My cham loves showers and drinks a bunch and cleans his eyes while he's in there.

I have him one this morning but I just used my spray bottle I was afarid to use the tap water is that ok for them?

It's probably not the best...but he loves it. He would sit in there for hours if I let him. It's very relaxing too, he sits there with his eyes closed sometimes just drinking the water running down the vine. We buy bottled water for the mister and spray bottle. I like how the shower mimics their natural environment with the steam (humidity) and warm water. It's hard to do that with the misters and spray bottles.

Might have vitamin A. deficiency. I had the same problem with my ambi. Once I started giving him a small dose of vit. A. A month the problem went away. I'm on my phone so I can't do links very quick. Use the search tool about it

Might have vitamin A. deficiency. I had the same problem with my ambi. Once I started giving him a small dose of vit. A. A month the problem went away. I'm on my phone so I can't do links very quick. Use the search tool about it

ok thank you ill check on that

It's probably not the best...but he loves it. He would sit in there for hours if I let him. It's very relaxing too, he sits there with his eyes closed sometimes just drinking the water running down the vine. We buy bottled water for the mister and spray bottle. I like how the shower mimics their natural environment with the steam (humidity) and warm water. It's hard to do that with the misters and spray bottles.

ok as long as i know its safe i will do that in the morning and see how he likes it thanks for your help. warm not hot but not cold right

Well I gave him a shower today he had both eyes open for awhile been spraying him and still closed that one eye I'm getting worried how long should I wait to take him to the vet??

If it were me, I'd take him to the vet. Their eyes are so important for their survival. I was really hoping the shower would help. He may have scratched his eye on something and it might get infected if not treated. Or like the other member said, it could also be vitamin A deficiency. A good vet should be able to give you a definite answer.

Back
Top Bottom