OMG, OMG..... IM SOOOO EXCITED OVER HERE!!!!

Ch.meal.eon

So last week I was asking if my egg looked alright, well guess what...... I think we shall have a new family member shortly!!!! I feel so bad, I thought it wasn't gonna hatch so I'm so I'll prepared, I know most important is light correct? What do you all suggest as the best lighting and food for a newly hatched baby? please help!

Attachments

• 16353690680471826381602.jpg
    16353690680471826381602.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 106
Please don't judge me as a bad owner, I really just thought it was dead 😣 I know with all the help around here I will be a wonderful charm

Woo-hoo. No one thinks you're a bad owner ! So happy for you. You need a linear t5 ho bulb & heating lamp. No hotter than 75 degrees for a baby... I think. You need flightless fruit flies & pinhead crickets for babies.
2x2x4 enclosure. & all your plants & branches. You also need the correct supplements right away.
Everyone is amazing on this forum. I'm sure I missed a few things but so many people can help you!
Goodluck

I really hope you have already bought all the required stuff for the enclosure and have tiny tiny feeders on hand or can be easily acquired. Otherwise your running backwards in a situation you really should be totally prepared for. hatchlings are harder then older ones and need the right stuff from the start. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Tiny feeders? Meaning crickets or should I have another type of feed? I have read and read and read there is just so much info and I don't know who to take as the end all be all ya know

Maybe outline what you do have already? Make this easier.

As mentioned above follow the adult care sheets but drop the basking light completely for the first two weeks. The UVB is more than enough to keep them warm.
Perfect thank you!!!
A basic cage, w some foliage, and a light fixture....... going to pick up bulb and feed tomorrow morning I suppose!

I use a 16 x 16 x20 screen cage with smaller branches the size for a little baby to walk on....it's also easier for them to find their food.....linear 5% uv bulb basking temp 80....give water & food everyday.....clean viv is also critical......CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BABY!!

So last week I was asking if my egg looked alright, well guess what...... I think we shall have a new family member shortly!!!! I feel so bad, I thought it wasn't gonna hatch so I'm so I'll prepared, I know most important is light correct? What do you all suggest as the best lighting and food for a newly hatched baby? please help!

You can find lists of what you'll need here: https://caskabove.com/checklist/shopping-guide

Back
Top Bottom