OMG!! Look what I found!! Help don't know what to do!!!

When I went into a panic the first time my eggs started hatching, I joined dendroboard.com and put out a call for help to anyone local that keeps friutflies. I had a couple people respond and got some from a local guy that night. If there is a dartfrog keeper close by, chances are you can get some fruitflies from them. Just a thought. Great looking baby! Wish I could help more..

Go with the 26x15x12 plastic tote. That way when you find the rest of the babies you will have some place to put them. ;)

Hi Trace, Ok I'll go with the plastic larger bin. My worry is that I won't be able to regulate the temps or humidity. My house has pretty much zero humidity and it's cold. My male Jackson's started out in the 30 gall tall terrarium when he was a little guy. In fact I designed it especially for him. It measures 25"Hx24"Lx12"W. It has a screen top with a little ventilation fan. My male did fantastic in it..he was in it for a good 5-6 mos until I moved him to his free range. I actually got my male in February two years ago. So I'm thinking the baby would do well in there till he's a little older. Highest temp is 80 lowest toward the bottom is 72 and humidity is 80% with good ventilation.

congrats on the baby.
I'm willing to ship overnight a tub full of Hydeis if you want. just PM me your address and it will get done.

Harry

Your in Maine- Snail Tail Flies is in New York, you could probably get 'em pretty quick trough them. They ship Monday- Wedensday, so if you got an order placed tonight they'd probablly ship tomarrow. It's pretty late right now, but if you called or e-mailed Adam immediately, he'd probablly get your order in tomarrow, he's real cool.

Wow and congrats! This must have been from your red female? The little guy looks like he has a reddish tint to him! He's adorable! The Petco's around me (in MA) do have fruitflies, but the colonies are usually pretty bad. It sounds like you've got a few options now, so good luck! :)

Hi everyone, Thanks soooo much for all the support!! I'm a nervous wreck!!! I finally got him situated in his new home. I can't believe how tiny he is!!!
I hope he makes it! I'll keep you all updated :)

What a wonderful surprise! And, how great is it that people here stepped up to offer real help?

I look forward to updates. You need to think of a really uplifting positive name for that little one (and any others you find) because that's just too cool!

What a wonderful surprise! And, how great is it that people here stepped up to offer real help?

I look forward to updates. You need to think of a really uplifting positive name for that little one (and any others you find) because that's just too cool!

Thanks so much! Everybody is really wonderful on here! I'm just so worried about getting fruit flies up here to Maine. But, right now he's sleeping peacefully in his new home while I'm a nervous wreck and probably won't get any sleep tonight...at least the little bugger will..lol! :)

What a nice surprise! :)
Either your girl had contact with a male at some point, your care or before, or you have discovered a parthenogenic cham! :D
Sorry, I dont have any idea of jacksoni's gestation period but somebody will know.
Best wishes with the new babys. :)

Thanks! I think I must have the first cham born through immaculate conception..it's just one surprise after another ;)

When I went into a panic the first time my eggs started hatching, I joined dendroboard.com and put out a call for help to anyone local that keeps friutflies. I had a couple people respond and got some from a local guy that night. If there is a dartfrog keeper close by, chances are you can get some fruitflies from them. Just a thought. Great looking baby! Wish I could help more..

Thanks for the great ideas Reptoman and the support :)

What part of maine do you live in? the petco in south portland def has fruitflies! Congratulations on the baby!! If the baby freaks you can always put her back with her mom read the animal don't do something in spite of the obvious!!!

Cool surprise, sort of a aside but could a baby eat small spiders and those small bugs that gather around lights at night (we call them candle bugs)

What part of maine do you live in? the petco in south portland def has fruitflies! Congratulations on the baby!! If the baby freaks you can always put her back with her mom read the animal don't do something in spite of the obvious!!!

DO NOT put him/her back with the mom! She might eat the baby!:(

Back
Top Bottom