Older Veiled

ChaosCat

Hi, I have an older Veiled about 7-8 years old. My guy is slowing down considerably and his appetite has decreased. My question is at which point do I humanely euthanize him :( I am also wondering how do I make him more comfortable in his twilight?
I have transferred him into a smaller house with lower limbs to climb.
His background is he was found roaming in the city and I have had him for 3-4 years. He has always been neurological, no MBD. He recently developed a small mass on his shoulder.
Thank you all for any input.

We actually get this question a lot here. It ultimately comes down to two things: quality of life and the fact that no one can answer that question for you. If you truly think the end is near, spoil him. Give him all the treats he can eat and take lots of trips into the natural sunshine. When it gets to the point that the better part of his day is spent suffering and not doing Cham things it may be time. Congratulations on getting him this far, that’s no small feat. Good luck!

We actually get this question a lot here. It ultimately comes down to two things: quality of life and the fact that no one can answer that question for you. If you truly think the end is near, spoil him. Give him all the treats he can eat and take lots of trips into the natural sunshine. When it gets to the point that the better part of his day is spent suffering and not doing Cham things it may be time. Congratulations on getting him this far, that’s no small feat. Good luck!

Very well said (y)

Thank you, I am so sad but I will make his time as nice as possible.

Back
Top Bottom