Old Female Panther

ChamLife

My panther chameleon Novi is almost 3 years old, she stopped laying eggs about 6 months ago. Novi isn't doing very well she wont eat much, she hardly ever drinks, and she is also very cranky. yesterday she took a turn for the worst, she wont eat or drink and she just sleeps all day... She cant even hold on to things because she's too weak. Novi was never the healthiest cham, she is also very small. I don't know how much longer she can live like this I've been tying to give her food and water by hand, she ate a mealworm yesterday and I got a few drops of water in her today but she is VERY dehydrated and very skinny, except her belly is really bloated. I don't know if i wanna take her to the vet because while they may be able to prolong her life a few days she just hates going to the vet, they poke her with needles and they are very rough with her. Novi is getting pretty old and I don't want her to leave me but i also don't want her to suffer. I just don't know what to do for my baby :(

I am so, so sorry to hear about Novi. It really is a difficult decision, and it's good to see that no matter what, you have her best interest at heart. I hope you can come to peace quickly with whatever decision you make for her. Hang in there.

Unfortunately, Ca production needed by female chams really cuts them short. 3 years is a good run and also the average. People listen up: this why your supplements must used correctly and on schedule. Even when done right, 3 years is your average. Sorry for you and her. Good luck getting thru it, it is never fun. I hate it when my females get to that point. I always second guess myself and wonder did I miss something.

Back
Top Bottom