Oklahoma here I come!

Rockalita

I just found out I got a job at the Oklahoma City Zoo so I will be moving to the city in less than 2 weeks from Michigan!!! Anyone from or around Oklahoma City? I need to find some good pet stores to get crickets and such.

That's awesome! I'd LOVE to work at a Zoo, it would be a dream come true... Once you get established there, GET ME A JOB! Lol! Only places I have been to out of California are Oregon and Mexico. Would be an awesome change... :) Good luck!:)

That's so exciting. Congrats. I've never been to oklahoma city but here's some info I was able to dig up. It looks pretty complete, then I would just google pet shops in that zip code honestly or use one of those white pages/yellow pages business locator things.

http://www.50states.com/oklahoma.htm

That's awesome! I'd LOVE to work at a Zoo, it would be a dream come true... Once you get established there, GET ME A JOB! Lol! Only places I have been to out of California are Oregon and Mexico. Would be an awesome change... :) Good luck!:)

I have done 2 zoo internships so far but this will be my first actual zoo job that pays, I will be working with the herps! They don't have any chameleons right now :( but hopefully I will be able to get some there!! really excited to move, I am over the snow and cold temps here in michigan! 8days till I start the long drive, I have SO much packing to do, ugh! But zoos look a lot for experience so if you really want a job do an unpaid internship or two and you will be on your way!

Congrats on the new job!! That's really awesome. I live in Norman which is just 30 minutes from Okc.

Alligator Alley is probably your best local source for crickets and herps. They're right up in the city. I never go up there as I pretty much order everything online.

Welcome to Okie homa!

Back
Top Bottom