OK to feed fruits to veiled???

vgaines

The other day I put some flies (black soldier) in Rebels cage to see if he would like them. (he LOVES them) I decided to put some fresh fruit and vegetables in a small bowl to give the flies something to munch on. Well, I placed the bowl in the bottom of my feeding cup and next thing I knew Rebel was eating the fruit and vegetables. (apple, raspberries, carrots, and collard greens) I put a small amount in again today and Rebel went right over and ate the raspberries. My questions are: Is it ok for Rebel to eat raspberries? I looked on the care guide on what to use to gut load feeders and raspberries wasn't listed. How often should I feed him fruits and veggies? I have seen him munch on leaves on his hibiscus plants but I was surprised how much he liked the raspberries.

Thanks for any suggestions..:D

Fruits and veggies are fine for your chameleon. Just go light on the fruits because they are sweet and offer more veggies.

Fruits and veggies are fine for your chameleon. Just go light on the fruits because they are sweet and offer more veggies.

Thanks jannb......I think I'm gonna get some bell pepper and some cucumber to try along with the greens. :)

Little Smidget will not eat any veggies yet, I keep offering, he just refuses.
Maybe when he gets a little older and his tastes will change?!

I like my veiled to eat veggies, wish all my chams would.

Back
Top Bottom