Ok, la Coka nostra is back. Not sure what to do.

fox3060

Hey guys,
So with the pics below taken into consideration: My little Melonia still has been developing this white powder around her nostrils. I figured it was supplements, so I cut back. Still noticed it a few days later. I thought it could be water evap residue from the tap, so I began to spraying with Wal-Mart bottled drinking water in the 1 gal jug. Label says reverse osmosis.
What I have done now consists of showering both of my chams with a solution of the wound cleaner to clean the skin of any microbials (I wanted to make sure they were cleaned of anything that could harm them, i.e.) also I thought this solution could dissolve this mysterious white crust/powder.
Anyhow, I'd like your thoughts and opinions on this cleaner/solution. I got it from the vet a few months ago to help clean an abscessed area on a Jacksonii, so with that in mind I figured it would hurt to shower my Veileds. I followed the solution shower up with a good shower drinking water shower to rinse off and residual soap. Like I said let me know what you guys think.

Melonia.jpg

IMGP7195.jpg

IMGP7193.jpg

I don't know anything about that stuff but as far as the white crust goes.. What are her temps like? It might be too hot. And lots of water is good :)

Since my original post I've only given her one cricket feed with supplementation (repcal calcium with D3) Dusted ~ 5-8 crickets a few days ago. I went about a week or two without supplements.
I'm keeping her outside with morning sun for about 4.5 to 5 hours of sunlight. Temps down her in St. Pete Florida have been in the mid to upper 80's and roughly 70-80% humidity...
Could this be symptomatic of a URI? :confused:

You don't want Nolvasan in their eyes or noses or mouths-I wouldn't shower then with it-there is no need for that. That looks like a simple oversupplementation build up, but should not cause any harm. Are you using Repcal without D3 and with D3. With should be used only a few times a month esp. sine yours are getting natural sunlight. I also use Herptivite once monthly for my adults, more for babies and juvies. Don't shaken bake your feeders, a very light coating is all that is needed.

Whats the best type of H2O for misting, it seems that filtered (Brita) tap leaves a whitish residue on the top of their cage. at least when I freeze the water into cubes and let them drip.
Should I be using spring, distiled, purified water??? :confused:

I live here in Pinellas County and I use tap water with no issues. It is hard water, and will leave residue on the cages, but I have no problems with it as far as cham health. Ice cubes are not the best idea-water too cold.

Back
Top Bottom