Ok I'm all out of ideas....and soon to be hope

LitldevlblueBar

Cletus has been on Baytril now for a little over a week I would say 9 days....My doctor gave me Baytril and put him on it for 10 days. The reason for that was bubbles forming around his mouth URI. Now for the first few days he was on it the bubbles went away. The bubbles are back and now it sounds like hes trying to hack or cough something up. About every hour or so he will make the hacking noise. I dunno whats going on or why this is happening. His cage is clean I clean it every day. He gets misted 5 times a day every three hours for 3 mins. His dripper is always dripping. He is eating still which is good. Im about to put him in the shower the warm water to breath in the humidity. What the hell is going on ?!?!?!?!? Im gunna try to video tape the " hacking " and post it on here but i dunno if I would be quick enuff to get it on film. Can someone please give me sum sort of help ! :confused::(:mad::confused::(:mad::confused::(:mad:

Here are some pics I just took. Of the bubbles. :confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• 20130303_105733.jpg
    20130303_105733.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20130303_105815.jpg
    20130303_105815.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 108
  • 20130303_105702.jpg
    20130303_105702.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 100
Not experienced with RI but it could be that a different antibiotic would work better. Did your vet do a culture and sensitivity? Time to go back to vet.

You need to get that dude back to the vet and tell him your boy has a mouth infection coupled with a respiratory infection. I had to treat a male jackson i rescued that had a mouth infection baytril is a good start but you will also need a rinse for his lips i can't remember the name of it but you get it in concentrate and dilute it the color of it is dark blue and you mix with water to make light blue. Hit him with it 3 time a day for like 2 months or until it clears up mine took longer

You will also have to scrape/clean out the mouth as it scabs over or the meds will not get in as good as they should. Also if you can score a old nebulizer on like Craigslist for cheap i would also ask the vet for nebulizer treatments depending on the size of your cham you can use a large soup container and poke a hole for the mouth piece through the lid to nebulize him with it works wonders. pm me if u want my number if u need more help

the blue stuff your talking about is Chlorahexadine i think thats how you spell it.... I used to work at an Animal ER that would see reptiles as well as house pets. Im waiting for the doctor to call me back ill be taking him in soon. This is pissing me off get this is the third time he has had this And i just got him in January.... I dont get it the air flow in my room is awesome and I also have a air purifier running as well. That scab on his lip I tried to mess with a few days ago when i try to pick at it a little bit it like moves his whole lip....I dont wanna hurt him so ill have the doctor look at it. I get free check ups and what not the only thing I pay for at the hospital is the meds pretty much everything else for me is free because i used to work there. PM your number im a little busy right now Im cleaning his cage yet again and hes in the shower right now getting as much humidity as he can possibly get.

I just took him out or the shower....that black scab looking thing came off no problems. He is back in his cage. Im just waiting for the doctor to call me back..... :eek:

From what I can see of your pictures, and keep in mind I'm saying up front I don't really have all the views I'd like, I would safely say you got a mouth infection. I have seen in some cases where the mouth infection results in extra saliva being produced which then looks like a URI. All that really is of no importance since Baytril does tend to help with most infection being such a wide spectrum antibiotic.

However I avoid Baytril best I can.

Cleaning his gums three times a day with that solution works well in many cases. If that is the issue you'll see results somewhat quickly. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom