Ok for travel?

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
I’ve made this box with a stick and fake vine to put Stormy in when we move. Does it seem ok for travel? I know veileds aren’t supposed to have fake plants but is it ok for a half hour or so for transport? I attached photos too ? the dimensions are 12 by 8 by 5 inches
image.jpg

thats fine for half an hour... you might even want to have just the stick and not the leaves because it will be dark so he wont be able to see them best bet is he goes to sleep

Last time we transported him from the reptile place he did NOT fall asleep it was 45 minute drive and it was so sad he kept scratching the cardboard. And then when we opened up the box he was all curled up in the corner terrified. I was just thinking it may make him feel SLIGHTLY less terrified?? He’s still pretty skittish. Even though as you said he won’t be able to see them. But still?

Edit: “it” and “them” being the vines

Last time we transported him from the reptile place he did NOT fall asleep it was 45 minute drive and it was so sad he kept scratching the cardboard. And then when we opened up the box he was all curled up in the corner terrified. I was just thinking it may make him feel SLIGHTLY less terrified?? He’s still pretty skittish. Even though as you said he won’t be able to see them. But still?

Edit: “it” and “them” being the vines
yeah sure you can keep it it dosent matter that much anyways imo.

I know when we picked up jango for 20 mins he was scratching around his plastic container and so scared :( luckily 30 mins isn't bad think of all the chams that have been nationally shipped from state to state. Theyre in there for a couple of days and are still fine so i'm sure your little guy will be ok

Also I was wondering what we should do after? His cage has to be re-set up in the new cage we were thinking of moving him to a big plant temporarily while we set up the cage because I don’t want to shut him in a small dark box for hours but on second thought, maybe moving him to a bigger plant is more stressful than it’s worth? Don’t know. Any advice appreciated

yes you can put him in a tree for a couple hours while you set up his cage... although he will need supervision at all times!!! they may be slow but theyre very sneaky i've heard some nasty stories about unsupervised free ranges + chams

yes you can put him in a tree for a couple hours while you set up his cage... although he will need supervision at all times!!! they may be slow but theyre very sneaky i've heard some nasty stories about unsupervised free ranges + chams

YES someone will be watching him at all times. Preferably me. ? but maybe we can set up the cage in the same room as the tree he’s on?

Also I was wondering what we should do after? His cage has to be re-set up in the new cage we were thinking of moving him to a big plant temporarily while we set up the cage because I don’t want to shut him in a small dark box for hours but on second thought, maybe moving him to a bigger plant is more stressful than it’s worth? Don’t know. Any advice appreciated

Most care issues come from long term. He should have no problems without misting and uvb and food for a few days.
A plant is a good idea for temp location. You may want to put it in the bathtub or shower ,Not running of course, but it is easier to keep him safe for a couple days.

Most care issues come from long term. He should have no problems without misting and uvb and food for a few days.
A plant is a good idea for temp location. You may want to put it in the bathtub or shower ,Not running of course, but it is easier to keep him safe for a couple days.
Luckily it shouldn’t be a couple days, prob just a couple hours. He’s going to be a main priority.

i am actually facing the same problem because i'm planning to foam down their cages sides but the cages are occupied and the foam takes long to cure.

i am actually facing the same problem because i'm planning to foam down their cages sides but the cages are occupied and the foam takes long to cure.

Maybe like casque above said put them in the shower or whatever on a plant? And maybe do one cage every few days so you can have them (your chameleons) take turns on the plants?

Back
Top Bottom