Ok are these temps ok for a vield chameleon?

Triggerfreak

Ok my cage is all screen and is 18x18x36.Basking area at top is 82 degrees or so.Middle of the cage is 74 or so and towards the bottom is 70.And at night is goes to 68 degrees.It is winter hear so this is at its worse.I have a 75 watt flood at about 8 inches from the top and a repti sun 5.0 bulb on top of the cage.Also i notice my humidity drops 20 degrees when i turn all the lights on.Is this normal.

your temps sound great! I live in Florida so acutally my humidity gets higher in the cage at night when the temps drop. Go figure? Right now my humidity is at 70 without even misting! So cannot help with humidity questions! We are lucky!!!

Ok my cage is all screen and is 18x18x36.Basking area at top is 82 degrees or so.Middle of the cage is 74 or so and towards the bottom is 70.And at night is goes to 68 degrees.It is winter hear so this is at its worse.I have a 75 watt flood at about 8 inches from the top and a repti sun 5.0 bulb on top of the cage.Also i notice my humidity drops 20 degrees when i turn all the lights on.Is this normal.

with regards to the lights, i have the exact same issue, i believe that the dry winter air and the basking light are totally to blame. at night and in the morning my humidity its around 60-65% and during the day drops into the 40's. i mist and drip as often as i can to keep my little guy hydrated

I will work out the humidity later.I have yucca cane and a dracaena that i combined into one pot and trimmed up to all fit.I also plan i wrapping part of the cage in a shower curtain and setting up a dripper and mister.I am not doing either yet just watering the plants as i don't have the cham yet.Hopefully in the next couple weeks.Waiting for some to come in from my persons breeder.

Back
Top Bottom