OK and Not OK Fruits to feed to a cham?

Sancho

I've heard Grapes, Carrots are ok but what are some others that are ok and others that are NOT ok? My female veiled will eat anything that I give her and wanted to try to give her some others. Tonight I will give her green grapes.

i was unaware of that we were told when buying her that she enjoyed apple and broccoli i never thought to check! will put a stop to that as of today thanks..

i was unaware of that we were told when buying her that she enjoyed apple and broccoli i never thought to check! will put a stop to that as of today thanks..

I believe apples are fine just without the peel. But let someone else confirm that.

Assuming you are talking about a veiled...I have fed mine apple wedges (with the skin on), pear, melon and various berries (in lesser quantities). I can't tell you which ones are bad but I don't feed them citrus fruits or banana (or tomato).

You can give veileds greens (dandelion, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, etc.)...just remove any big thick stems on things like collards first.

You can also give them carrots, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, zucchini, etc. in appropriate sized pieces. I sliver the carrot, sweet potato, squash, zucchini and use thin strips of the red pepper.

Assuming you are talking about a veiled...I have fed mine apple wedges (with the skin on), pear, melon and various berries (in lesser quantities). I can't tell you which ones are bad but I don't feed them citrus fruits or banana (or tomato).

You can give veileds greens (dandelion, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, etc.)...just remove any big thick stems on things like collards first.

You can also give them carrots, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, zucchini, etc. in appropriate sized pieces. I sliver the carrot, sweet potato, squash, zucchini and use thin strips of the red pepper.

Is it different with panthers?

Mine neither, he only seems to be interested in the dead leaves on his ficus:confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anybody see a problem gutloading with broccoli? I read that feeding crickets, roaches, etc. with broccoli is a good idea. Am I wrong here?:confused:

My baby veiled will not eat any. She is such a baby lol

From my understanding of things I've read and heard. Babies don't really eat plant matter,they stick with the insects, they might start later on. I think I have heard possibly around 6-7 months of age, could be even older.

Back
Top Bottom