Oh Popeye!

REL JJA

OKAY I HAVE A YOUNG VIELED CHAMLEON NAMED POPEYE(NOT SURE EXACTLY HOW OLD BUT I AM GUESING 3-5 MONTHS) AND I TRIED TO PUT DIFFERENT TYPES OF CUPS IN THERE FOR HIS CRIX BUT HE EITHER WONT SEE THEM IN ONE OR IN THE OTHER ONE THEY ALL JUMP OUT FALL TO THE GROUND AND BREAK THERE BACKS(THE CRIX SEEM TO WALK FUNNY WHEN THEY FALL) I HAVE SEEN POPEYE MOVE ALL AROUND THE CAGE SOMETIMES PRETTY CLOSE TO THE FLOOR BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM GET ANY OFF THE GROUND. i DO SEE HIM EAT BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE A FOR SURE FEEDING METHOD TO WHERE I CAN MAKE SURE HE IS EATING AND EATING ENOUGH. I CAN PUT THE SILKIES ANYWHERE BECAUSE THEY STAY IN ONE SPOT BUT THE CRIX IS A HUGE SITUATION.....ALSO ANOTHER QUESTION WOULD A RUNNING WATERFALL OR A GOOD FOGGER HELP OUT WITH THE HUMIDITY AND HIS HYDRATION OR WOULD IT JUST BE TOO MUCH OR IS IT EVEN NECCESARY.... SOME PEOPLE HAVE THEM SOME PEOPLE DONT AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST METHOD.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
RACHAEL :p :D :p :D

About the cup feeding, you just have to experiment with different kinds of cups. Obviously you want a cup that is deep enough so the crickets can not jump out. You also want a cup material and shape that does not allow the crickets to easily climb the sides of the cup. One thing I do sometimes is use a large cup from mcdonalds (mmm mcflurry). The cup is pretty narrow, so I throw some leaves and twigs inside. The crickets use the twigs and slowly climb their way to the top of the cup where my chameleon Ezhno is waiting :)

I would advise against waterfalls and look into using more recommended methods. What kind of cage are you using? For ideas on watering and humidity, check out the articles below from Chameleon News:

Watering and Drainage Strategies - By Jason Descamps
Humidifiers and Chameleon Enclosures - By roo

okay thanks ..... i just read a couple of posts with people using waterfalls and the chameleons drink water from it....i have not seen him drink water since i have had him and that would be april 8. but i spray 3-4 times a day so im sure is doing fine because he is getting fat.

Back
Top Bottom