Oh no, this is second time this year light has burned out.

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
What do I use for my heat lamp? I keep buying these bulbs. The lamp that burns brightest burns shortest. Bladerunner.

Attachments

• heat bulb.jpg
    heat bulb.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 56
Stay away from the blue bulbs. Chameleon eyes can become sensitive to it. Just find the right watts for an incandescant house bulb they will also be cheaper

Stay away from the blue bulbs. Chameleon eyes can become sensitive to it. Just find the right watts for an incandescant house bulb they will also be cheaper
Why do they sell them then. I thought they were better for Cham. Sky is blue. I have the Arcadia T-5 fixture for other light.

I was comparing the blue bulbs with the coil uvb. You asked why do they sell the blue bulbs? And im saying they sell the uvb ones too but we all know those aren't good. Same concept for the blue bulbs

I have a linear 6% aracdia with. 65k plant bulb plus a house bulb for heat. From the beginning I was told to stay away from the colored bulbs and I was passing it on.

I used a recessed fixture rated for 75W. I couldn't find incandescent floods anymore, so I tried 75W halogen floods, and they burned out within 48 hrs (2 days—not 48 hrs. of usage). I think they just burned too hot.

Then I found some old-style incandescent floods at a store that discontinued them. It's been a year, and the first bulb is still working fine.

So my vote is the old-style incandescent bulbs—if you can find any.

At one time, our USA govt banned Edison bulbs. Now they are coming back.

Ah yes the good ole days when folks had a dim 150-250 watt flood on all night for decades. Fun when there was only 300 houses in the area and electricity was almost free other than the fixed "delivery" fee. Not so much when it started costing $250-500 a year to keep the sucker going. At least big gov made the cable box folk stop making space heaters with number layouts, some of them dvrs were 200 watts constant :p

I still have one neighbor that keeps a 250 watt bulb in his well hole "to keep it from freezing over". Im like "thats a $100 insurance policy every year".

Back
Top Bottom