Oh no bsfl escapees

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
What do I do?? I found one on the carpet crawling around. My mom can’t know!!!! I guess that explains the mysterious paths up the container they’re kept in. But ughhhh. How do I dry out their container quickly!!! Or keep them from climbing up the sides!!!!how!!

try taping any opening (if its air holes tape mesh or paper towel to it) that they have and vacuuming the carpets and floors that you think they've gotten too. also making sure they arn't escaping from your chams enclosure may be good just to double down. if all else fails then wipe out the ones you have and patch up the container with animal safe silicone and mesh up the top I recommend layered tulle or gauze before you add new ones in. i had a similar issue but with small crickets.

The same happened to me except with a fly and my mom was like “ umm jack there’s a fly in the kitchen why is there a fly in the kitchen” and I’m like “ that’s weird i have no idea why it’s there totally have nothing to do with it.”

try taping any opening (if its air holes tape mesh or paper towel to it) that they have and vacuuming the carpets and floors that you think they've gotten too. also making sure they arn't escaping from your chams enclosure may be good just to double down. if all else fails then wipe out the ones you have and patch up the container with animal safe silicone and mesh up the top I recommend layered tulle or gauze before you add new ones in. i had a similar issue but with small crickets.
Thanks!! I will do that!!! And actually I’ll probably put them outside as well. They are literally so sneaky! In Our rental house the same thing happened... but I found it in the bathroom.

lol they crawl wet surfaces. Vacuum your floor really well. A slightly rimmed feeding dish is helpful for this. Just make sure the BSFL are not wet when they go in.

Back
Top Bottom