Oh, crickets! What did he do-

Milo (my cat) knocked over the cricket cage <3 we had fun cleaning that up. Large crickets all over the house, calcium dust everywhere. Mobi had to come out and help us. Cat got put outside, started yowling and waking up the whole house. Luckily, Mobi got a decent breakfast and most of the crickets went back in the cage. I got home from school and we believed all the crickets were off of the floor, but we were wrong. At 5:00 I walked into the kitchen, barefoot. I heard a bubble-wrap-like pop sound and felt something under my big toe. I lifted my toe and there it was, a squished big cricket. I wasn't really disgusted, for some reason, I guess I was tired. I picked it up and threw it away. Woke up this morning and got ready for school, we were about 15 minutes from leaving and my sister runs into the main room saying there's a cricket on the couch. I walk into the room she was in and it was laying on the floor, dead. I guess it had fallen off the couch. I wonder if there are any more crickets in our house, I guess we will see.

(Sorry for no pictures, I was too tired to grab my laptop. It was 6:30 in the morning when this happened. I'll send you guys a pic if I step on any more crickets -~- )

Milo (my cat) knocked over the cricket cage <3 we had fun cleaning that up. Large crickets all over the house, calcium dust everywhere. Mobi had to come out and help us. Cat got put outside, started yowling and waking up the whole house. Luckily, Mobi got a decent breakfast and most of the crickets went back in the cage. I got home from school and we believed all the crickets were off of the floor, but we were wrong. At 5:00 I walked into the kitchen, barefoot. I heard a bubble-wrap-like pop sound and felt something under my big toe. I lifted my toe and there it was, a squished big cricket. I wasn't really disgusted, for some reason, I guess I was tired. I picked it up and threw it away. Woke up this morning and got ready for school, we were about 15 minutes from leaving and my sister runs into the main room saying there's a cricket on the couch. I walk into the room she was in and it was laying on the floor, dead. I guess it had fallen off the couch. I wonder if there are any more crickets in our house, I guess we will see.

(Sorry for no pictures, I was too tired to grab my laptop. It was 6:30 in the morning when this happened. I'll send you guys a pic if I step on any more crickets -~- )
So what is your question? I have escapees all the time they shouldn’t mate unless it’s really warm and humid I’ve heard and will mainly be in the kitchen if they do. They should eventually all die. I stopped buying crickets and stopped finding them in my house. Here are other food items you can get instead.

Attachments

• 7624967C-8BF3-42B2-9AE6-BBA72E9D6BFC.jpeg
    7624967C-8BF3-42B2-9AE6-BBA72E9D6BFC.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 84
I would be so traumatized.... It already takes every ounce of courage to dust those bad boys and get them in the feeder... I cannot imagine an escape. 🤣🤣🤣

I wish I had it in me to do so.... lol. But I can't. I just buy feeders every week, which adds up. If I buy too many at once I start to feel like they're on me at random times through out the day. Or that the tub will fall over and they escape. 🤣🤣🤣
I’ve got gasket-sealed everything and two cats that constantly patrol by the chameleon room door. It’s also the furthest room (and down the stairs) from my room! We also have everywhere except for in and anywhere near and around the outside of the chameleon room sprayed for bugs (10 ft perimeter from the chameleon room door, don’t worry). We get regular roaches, spiders, wasps, and more in the house because it’s old and isn’t sealed right. 🤮

Back
Top Bottom