Off Balance Jax!!!!

ChamsAJaxs

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson, Female, 6-8 Months, About 3 weeks owned.
Handling - 4-6 times since we have owned her.
Feeding - Crickets and mealworms, 8-12 crickets and 6-8 mealworms, every morning with crickets and every now and again with mealworms, Flukers for the crickets as well as disting Rep-Cal w/D3. I just learned that you only do D3 twice a month, also just got Herpitivite multivitamins.
Watering - I built a dripper with two hoses that drip onto a fake plant. I mist about 2-3 times a day until plants are dripping. I've only seen her drink if i put the dripper onto her nose.
Fecal Description - Droppings are normal, round and brown, urate is alil orange but mostly white and clear.
History - Bought her from Petco.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - DIY wire cage, 24W-20L-30T?
Lighting - UVB 5.0 also a normal house light for Basking. Just got a timer for the lights. The past week or so I have messed a couple days up with her lighting times.
Temperature -Basking is 82-88, top is usually 65-75, mid is 60-70, nights don't really drop below 55-60. I don't have a floor temp. I use a small thermo at her basking and i have a temp/humidty thermo in the mid.
Humidity - 60%-70%, I don;t have a humidifier and am having troubles bringing it up.
Plants - Ficus
Placement -In my bedroom, high traffic with us and our cats and a rabbit next to the cage. We put a blanket around her so she can't see much. Her cage is about 4 feet from our door and it does have a draft if thats a problem. The top of her cage is about 4.5-5 feet off the ground at its highest point.
Location - Roseburg, OR

Current Problem - She has been off balance for the past two days, she almost falls as she walks. Eats fine and I'm sure is drinking, I think I messed her up with too much D3 or not enough light those few days I messed up her lighting schedule.

Thank you to anyone that can help, I'm a new cham owner and new to this site.

Montane species like jax are more sensitive to fat-soluable vitamins including D3. Overdosing can result in weakness and coordination problems. Stop using vitamins for now but continue with the plain calcium. See if this helps. It may take some time, as chams develop problems slowly and heal slowly too.

Back
Top Bottom