Odd mark on chameleon's stomach

kaytiller

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, female, approximately 10 months
Handling - Once every few months (Last time was December)
Feeding - Mainly crickets, 8 every second day. Hornworms as treats
Supplements - Not sure actual brand, dust with calcium every feeding
Watering - Hand mist twice a day
Fecal Description -Normal
History - No known problems

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Large reptibreeze, 3 x 3 x 4
Lighting - ZooMed (I believe) 75 watt basing bulb, as well as a UVB lamp
Temperature -Unsure
Humidity - Unsure
Plants -No live plants
Placement -In own room, no drafts but gets direct sunlight
Location - Canada

Okay, so today I was feeding Ezzy her monthly treat of hornworms, and when she went to move I notice something I hadn't before. She has an odd spot on her stomach. My boyfriend thinks it may just be a bruise, perhaps from falling but I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's anything more serious? She's moving entirely fine and was hunting, so it doesn't seem to be hindering her. She also responded well to our touch when we went to pick her up and check her. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Will attach photo (Click photo for a larger view). Other than this spot, her colouring is entirely normal...

Ezzy.jpg

Ezzy 2.jpg

Not sure about the marking, but you really should know what your temps are, both ambient and basking. This is very important for keeping chams. If you are unsure of the temps check out the caresheet under care resources.

I am sure a more senior member will chime in about the marking.

Looks like a burn. Can she get too close to the light?

I was wondering that, I guess she technically can but she'd have to climb on the ceiling (since it's on her stomach) which I've literally never seen her do except for when I first got her back in July, and that was in her old cage when she was just in a small Exo terra... The spot hasn't grown today which is what would make it seem like a burn, just seems really out of character for her to have gotten on the ceiling :s

Younger chameleons love to hang out upside down. To me it looks like a burn.

Please be sure to know your temps and your humidity it is very important for the wellbeing of your Cham.

Back
Top Bottom