Odd bump on my chameleon

OreoPapii

Hello everyone! A while ago I had noticed this bump on my cham it was very hard to get a pic because he doesn’t like being handled very much so I just let him be I didn’t wanna stress him. So today I took him out and I was able to get a better picture it’s pretty recent or at least I noticed it about a month or 2 ago I have all the proper lighting I’ve been told to get I have the long uvb light and a heat lamp. I give him calcium with d3 2 times in the beginning of the month, calcium without d3 on his feedings which are every other day, and finally I give him multivitamin and the end of the month 2 times. And that’s just info so please correct me if I’m doing anything incorrect. He is very active he is almost always moving except for when he will bask and eat but other than that he’s almost always walking around his cage. I don’t know what else I can say that would help give info on this situation so if there are any questions please ask.
90E415E3-C3BD-4690-8540-FCED63420774.jpeg

Attachments

• 09633D9D-9A31-4791-BE3E-7494B9CB754C.jpeg
    09633D9D-9A31-4791-BE3E-7494B9CB754C.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 69
He has gotten some fabulous colors in and quite the impressive casque.

Which supplements are you using. Can you take a picture. I just want to double check because typically we rotate multivitamin without D3 and calcium with D3 week to week at one feeding so that each are given only 2 times a month but they are rotated. then all other feedings would have calcium without D3.

Per the bump. This could be anything and unfortunately would need to be seen by a vet. Most likely not caused by husbandry through. Looks like it is under the skin so could be a growth.

He has gotten some fabulous colors in and quite the impressive casque.

Which supplements are you using. Can you take a picture. I just want to double check because typically we rotate multivitamin without D3 and calcium with D3 week to week at one feeding so that each are given only 2 times a month but they are rotated. then all other feedings would have calcium without D3.

Per the bump. This could be anything and unfortunately would need to be seen by a vet. Most likely not caused by husbandry through. Looks like it is under the skin so could be a growth.

Attachments

• 51EAAAF7-12B4-4166-9846-7206234E474C.jpeg
    51EAAAF7-12B4-4166-9846-7206234E474C.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 70
Ok so with reptivite with D3 you would not use the calcium with D3. So reptivite would be given 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th then all other feedings you would give the calcium without D3.

So do not use the calcium with D3 anymore and start using the Reptivite with D3 the 1st and the 15th.

Ok so with reptivite with D3 you would not use the calcium with D3. So reptivite would be given 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th then all other feedings you would give the calcium without D3.

So do not use the calcium with D3 anymore and start using the Reptivite with D3 the 1st and the 15th.
Okay so just to be clear I should use calcium without d3 every feeding but use the orange one twice a month? And completely cut out calcium with d3?

Okay so just to be clear I should use calcium without d3 every feeding but use the orange one twice a month? And completely cut out calcium with d3?
Yes exactly... The orange one would be every other week so 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th.

^^^^^ agree with @MissSkittles this would be something that I would not wait on getting checked. If you need help locating a reptile vet let us know. You want a vet that is used to working with reptiles like chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom