NY Reptile Expo

skittles22

Just came back from the NY Reptile Expo in White Plains. There were a few venders with Chameleons for sale but they had them in small glass enclosures or small containers. I think they should have done a better job displaying them in the proper environment they should be kept in. On a bright note, Screameleons had an exhibit at the show and bought some beautiful panther chams up to display as well as a bunch of babies for sale. Their exhibit was by far the best and most professional. I picked up some crickets at the show. 500 for eight bucks which i think is pretty good especially since they were all alive, some hornworms, and the bendible vines (small diameter for $6.50). Definately a good place to get some supplies as well as a new chameleon. The next show is Jan 8 followed by Apr 22. I am hoping to pick up Chameleon number three to add to my male ambilobe and nosy be and am hoping for a beautiful Sambava.....

the guy on the stage had 2 nice male crested chameleons. He also had a very nice male pferreri which I gladly too off his hands :)

i got pictures of them i checked him out as well other then him and some panthers not much one guy had baby veiled for 35 but they where really really small i got soe roachs some silks some horns some repti suns and some branches i did not see any chams that tempted me well 1 or 2 but they wanted 400 450 they can keep them for that ill post pics of every cham they had there i took a pic of them all but iam locked into to football and finding my cham at he moment lol hooked him up a nice free range yesterday and he is loving it but at the moment is mia iam not worried totally closed in room no whereto go but home so ill get them pics up in a lil while

I scored four books, and I'm so psyched! Masters of Disguise; a natural history by Martin and Chameleons; Davison, plus two from the Herpetoculture Library. The panthers were simply awesome! I can't judge a vendor on the conditions at an expo like that because they're very limited in the table space and such.

Happy I went, but happier that it isn't going to be a yearly thing for me.

Submitted for your approval,
Tyg

editted to add: I scored some phoenix worms too. It will be interesting to see if my veiled goes for them

Free ambilobe female panther. NY

I have a female chameleon I have to give away. She seems sick cause her eyes are always closed. She refuses to eat and I nomore have the time to attend her. Unfortunately I'm giving her away for free. Im located in NY *She's a panther and 1 year old. Email me at [email protected].*

i grabbed some pheonix worms to my lil veiled ate like 6 of them already haveing an issue with my mobile mate will have the pics up soon

ok here are all the chams of the show and a few others to many other reptiles to get them all and i could not take it in there any more it was packed and people where being pretty rude i only know 2 of the vendors names so i ll post theres first then all the other randoms first up screameleons

Attachments

• 101_1581 (Large).JPG
    101_1581 (Large).JPG
    226 KB · Views: 112
  • 101_1582 (Large).JPG
    101_1582 (Large).JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 175
next up jungle jewel and that mt kenyan jackson the above poster was speaking of and all there other chams i beleve the first pic is the one you where speaking of the pic does him no justice he had a lovely patch of yellow right near his front arms on his body

next up the guy on the stage that the other poster bought his cham from for some reason one of the pics from him did not come up oh well

the rest are just randonm chams the lil veileds the guy was selling for 35 there was one trans veiled there but he was hiding i could not get a pic of him a few carpets and some other panthers

Can someone plz take her

I have a female chameleon I have to give away. She seems sick cause her eyes are always closed. She refuses to eat and I nomore have the time to attend her. Unfortunately I'm giving her away for free. Im located in NY *She's a panther and 1 year old. Email me at [email protected]

next up jungle jewel and that mt kenyan jackson the above poster was speaking of and all there other chams i beleve the first pic is the one you where speaking of the pic does him no justice he had a lovely patch of yellow right near his front arms on his body

I'm good friends with the owner of Jungle Jewels Reptiles (Debby is her name) She is a great vender and will help anyone. She usually has some nice Jackson's and Panther's.

ive spoken to her at about 5 shows very nice lady her prices are kinda jacked up but hey to each there own overall the show was ok iam never that impressed at any of the ny shows

ive spoken to her at about 5 shows very nice lady her prices are kinda jacked up but hey to each there own overall the show was ok iam never that impressed at any of the ny shows

I have yet to buy a chameleon from her, but I will someday. I don't go off price, I go off the vender/breeder. As long as they are healthy, good looking chameleons and I get good responses from that specific breeder than they will get my services.

I have a female chameleon I have to give away. She seems sick cause her eyes are always closed. She refuses to eat and I nomore have the time to attend her. Unfortunately I'm giving her away for free. Im located in NY *She's a panther and 1 year old. Email me at [email protected]

have you considered taking her to a local store and see if they will take her off of your hands? I dont think most people willl take a free cham, especiallly if its sick.:(

the boy I picked up at the show. He needs some fattening up.

Attachments

• 385216_2635059205828_1535898338_2740773_573442755_n.jpg
    385216_2635059205828_1535898338_2740773_573442755_n.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom