Nursing Tiny back to health

lizlover10

My poor baby might not make it. She's been eating less and less and hasn't eaten in a week! I took her to the vet today and she's lost 3 grams in weight since last month. The vet said it's because in large clusters of veileds, it's not uncommon for only a few to make it. She gave me advice on syringe feeding her and gave me the mixture for it, as well as some oral antibiotics and eye antibiotics. She also got a vitamin injection today so I'm hoping I can nurse her back to health. There's only a 50/50 chance that she'll get better so I'm staying in the positive side! She did really well with the anibiotocs and food supplement earlier so let's hope she keeps that up! I'll post updates on recovery.

We need more information and photos of her.
Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum.
Be specific about the supplements and other things asked.
Is her cage still near the window?
How's the eye?

We need more information and photos of her.
Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum.
Be specific about the supplements and other things asked.
Is her cage still near the window?
How's the eye?
She is not near the window anymore and I'm not sure what food supplement the vet gave me. The label has the instructions sticker on top of it but I'm still using a calcium without D3 supplement daily and the ZooMed reptivite multivitamins weekly. I'm doing everything the vet tells me and honestly it's just if she wants to ft bettor or not at this point

She is fighting with her life like a champ,I know its hard to keep it postive at this point all u can do is the best way u can n the rest will be up to the powerful creator to decide her fate....

Veileds usually have a way better ratio of living than that o_O the fact that your vet thinks that shows they don't actually know much about the chameleon itself. Usually the only reason she would die that early is poor care.

Back
Top Bottom