Votes: 23 3.9%
  • five - nine

Votes: 50 8.4%
  • ten - nineteen

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • twenty plus

Votes: 18 3.0%

• Total voters
Well good luck with all your critters and be sure to let us know what you pick up at the shows!! ( I don't go to those ... I'd be BROKE if I did. LOL )

I AM broke... mostly b/c of those shows, but I am trying to build up my breeding colony of cresteds, work on the chams, and add some female vorax geckos to be able to breed them. I really love working with all the reptiles I have - they are great relaxation tools ;)

Also, I PM'd you about some places to possibly find crestie breeders in your area.

I've never heard of Vorax or Panther Geckos. I'm going to have to do a search to see what they look like. I keep hoping to get a place where I have the whole basement or win the lottery so I can have a small warehouse to grow my obsession. LOL

Thanks for the info.

Dyesub Dave. :D

I know, he has been lucky to work with some speciel species, But when I think of the word "worked with" then IMO it has to be more then 6months to a year, because if you have had a species for 1months, then its limited how much experience you got from it.
but, yes I know the topic is " number of species kept" and not worked with for a longer period. :p

I would love to see pictures of his more speciel species.

A decade ago I had 8 species under my roof, either pairs or trios of each species; parsoni, nosy be and ambanja pardalis, quadricornis, jacksoni, wiedersheimi, lateralis, minor, and oustaleti. I also had a few single specimens as well and did not attempt breeding of those particular chameleons; brookesia peremata and r. spectrum.
This was a time before the CITES ban and the amount of available species was high.
At the same time I also had 10 different species of phelsuma geckos: grandis, cepediana, serraticauda, guimbeaui, guttata, klemmeri, laticauda, lineata, quadriocellata, and astriata.
Oh, I also had a trio of testudo klienmani, aka egyptian tortoises. Smallest tortoise in the world at only 3" to 4" at full grown. Cute little buggers.
I got married in 1996 and in 1997 we were expecting our first child, so, 'bye bye' went the reptile room for the 'nursery', and the chameleons, tortoises, and geckos were sold to pay for a new mini van for the wife!
Times have now changed and I'm back!
Today, I have just got back in the hobby and have a very modest collection of a trio of quadricornis chameleons (might be getting a trio of Weidershiemi soon), and 2.4 phelsuma laticauda (with hopes of adding some more species soon).
BUT, I'd give them all up for a single pair of orange eye parsoni! I just can't get them out of my blood!

Currently ONE.. Thats Leo.. He is a word I cannot pronounce and have to copy and paste from the thread I bought him from to get it right. LOL.:) A Panther. There, easy enough.:)

I had 2 veiled before him.

Hey SeanCJ, There Is a Individual Selling Orange Eye (Parsons) In the Chameleon forums classifieds, This person is from Germany, So I wouldnt know how you would get them here-permits and all, but it may be possible somehow? O-Yea I hope your wallet is fat though!! Just figured Id let you know they are selling some somewhere!:D

I put four but just thought of a 5th. I've kept mainly veils but have also had 2 species of fischers, and jacksons, oh and a x-gf of mine bought me a senegals once but he didn't live long.

Who are the guys with 25+ ?

I've kept:
jacksonii merumontanus, deremensis, johnstoni, quad. quad., tempeli, pfefferi
oxyrhina
thamnobates, damaranum
brevicaudatus, nchisiensis, temporalis, spinosus, acuminatus
parsonii parsonii
thieli

16 at the moment :eek:

Hey benny how long have you been keepin chams thats an impressive list not many here can appreciate those all the care about is panthers don't get me wrong i like panthers too i just find the rarer species are more interesting.

I've kept at least 33 species of chameleons over the last 25 years and an assortment of other reptiles...coneheads (3 spec.), helmeted iguanas, green water dragons, bearded dragons, geckos (at least 8 species including leaf and gargoyles), uromastyx (3 species), several cordylus lizard species, prehensile tailed anoles, Cuban knight anoles, several species of skinks, iguanas, 3 toed boxies, 3 keeleds, elongated, ornate woods, leopard torts., flowerbacks, hingebacks, waxy monkey tree frogs...and more.

At times I had over 100 reptiles at once (not including hatchlings)...talk about cage cleaning! Getting too old for that now and have cut down to less than half....and still cutting down. :(

Damn, I misread and voted on how many that I currently have. I have experience with in the past and some presently:

sternfeldi
deremensis
quadricornis
pardalis (nosy be, ambanja, ambilobe)
jacksonii xanths and merus
bitaeniatus
brevicaudatus
nchisiensis
spectrum
delepis
werneri
lateralis

so 13

Hey benny how long have you been keepin chams thats an impressive list not many here can appreciate those all the care about is panthers don't get me wrong i like panthers too i just find the rarer species are more interesting.

from some I've just kept single animals, for example the oxyrinha or the johnstoni :(
Now I'm at 17, I've just added a 6.7 group of bitaeniatus (with gravid females :cool:) I'm trying to establish a stable population in captivity to avoid more WC ones

Back
Top Bottom