Now that is a cute face!

pigglett79

Avid Member
How cute is he? Getting bigger everyday. He even loves to eat dubias.

mantis edited.jpg

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. For some reason it just looks like a mantis. Rex and George, now that is some cute little faces.:)

Not to worry, he will be food eventually. LOL. I still think he is cute though.

you are a better girl than I am - lol - I just can not get myself to feed off my "winter survivor " - she is like 5" long now, a female.....named Betty bug....I just dont see me feeding her off- :eek: but I did feed off a ton of hatchlings today :D

you are a better girl than I am - lol - I just can not get myself to feed off my "winter survivor " - she is like 5" long now, a female.....named Betty bug....I just dont see me feeding her off- :eek: but I did feed off a ton of hatchlings today :D

It wont be as hard to feed the Chinese ones off as it will the ghosts. The ghosts will take many months to get to size and just look too freaking cool.

Who knew a chameleon hobby would turn in to an insect hobby? Ha. I love to raise all types of insects now just for the fun of it.

I could never feed off Mantis. I think they are one of the coolest, if not the coolest, insects around. I love to watch them hunt and eat. :D

Who knew a chameleon hobby would turn in to an insect hobby? Ha. I love to raise all types of insects now just for the fun of it.
Who knew an insect hobby would turn into a chameleon hobby? I started with mantids and got my veiled pair because I had all the right food for the mantids already and figured the chameleons would be the mantid clean-up crew. They get mismolts and older and excess mantids. The 2 hobbies go hand in hand, but the mantid hobby looks down on the feeding of mantids.:D

The mantids are helping with slowing down my dubia colony right now. Its nice that they can eat so much. They are as spoiled as the chameleons though, they have flies, roaches, crickets, and even horn and silk worms.

Who knew an insect hobby would turn into a chameleon hobby? I started with mantids and got my veiled pair because I had all the right food for the mantids already and figured the chameleons would be the mantid clean-up crew. They get mismolts and older and excess mantids. The 2 hobbies go hand in hand, but the mantid hobby looks down on the feeding of mantids.:D

The Chameleon hobby looks down on the Mantis hobby for feeding hatchling chams to large mantids...this is a 2 way street:eek:

I feel guilty feeding most of the bugs no matter what they are. The silkmoths are the cutest things ever. Did you ever see their cute little fuzzy faces?

No way could I ever feed a mantis to my cham or any other animal, I think they are so very cool and my husband loves to photograph them, we even had two we kept for pets last summer, we released them before the fall....they do have some awfully cute faces.

Mantis are awesome, I'm definitely going to get into them soon, like Patrick said they seem to be a perfect compliment to chams. Definitely got to distinguish between the feeders and the pets though haha

Back
Top Bottom