Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D November 2008
:D
view entries

Theme: Yes
LOL Chams.
A humorous message or phrase must be added to your entry. Regular text and bubbled text (comicbook) are allowed. All other rules still apply.

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

2nd place: 2009 Chameleon Calendar :cool:

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: November 20, 2008
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: November 20
voting: November 21 - November 30
contest results will be announced on December 2 2008

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Last edited:
Macro - love the pic.

It was THIS big - :p

I got a lucky shot with dex and dirty harry'd him :p

its a crap caption.was the best i could come up with.its pretty poor tbh :eek::rolleyes: i can take pics but when it comes to this sort of stuff im very bad at it.

2nd place prize

I have added a 2nd place prize: 2009 Chameleon Calendar. This is only for the November contest.

How will judges be judging these photos this month? I understand the previous month the judges took alot of angles, lighting, and all that lingo into consideration but i think what really adds to the humor of a "LolCat" style photo is the fact that 99% of them have no fancy angles, lighting, or any artistic components and are quite unprofessional because alot of these kind of photos truly are spontaneous. Do they need to have natural backgrounds?

How will judges be judging these photos this month? I understand the previous month the judges took alot of angles, lighting, and all that lingo into consideration but i think what really adds to the humor of a "LolCat" style photo is the fact that 99% of them have no fancy angles, lighting, or any artistic components and are quite unprofessional because alot of these kind of photos truly are spontaneous. Do they need to have natural backgrounds?

Yeah this contest is different. This is basically straight up wit. Either the caption should make the photo hilarious or vice versa.

The only quality that should be involved is clarity..if it's totally blurry it doesn't read.

That's my opinion.

Except for the additional requirement that contest photos include text, entry reduction will proceed as normal. During this initial phase photo quality will be most important and the added phrase/text will be ignored. I expect members to vote on their overall favorite. In the final phase judges will definitely consider the added text, but photo quality will remain a prime concern. Natural backgrounds often look better, but they are not a requirement of the rules.

oops, suppose I need to learn to read....

so, since I fixed my error, feel free to delete the one with no caption that I submitted :>

Last edited:
wow, amazing.....my picture didnt even last 12 hours before being taken down. why was that?
That is amazing :eek:
There is a theme this month. More details can be found at the beginning of the thread. In short, a humorous phrase must be added to you photo.

Thanks Rocky :)
Has any of the current participants used this service?

I just used it. Hopefully you don't delete this one Brad ;)

With my last photo, I added caption in microsoft paint as I had no clue how to ad caption. Hopefully this program is okay to use :)

PS. Thanks Rocky

I'm assuming your was deleted because you won last month not because of the program that you used. When you win the contest you have to skip a month before you can enter again. Jann

Back
Top Bottom