LLLReptile

1st place: $25 gift certificate
2nd place: $10 gift certificate
3rd place: $10 gift certificate

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: 11-20-05
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted images anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. There are also a few additional rules listed below.

dates
entry deadline: 11-20-05
public voting: 11-21-05 to 11-30-05
voting by judges: 12-01-05 to 12-04-05
contest results will be announced on 12-05-05

Changes:
The contest will now consist of three phases:
  1. contest photo submissions
  2. open vote by forum members
  3. private ranking by appointed judges

The goal is to have the contest completely anonymous. However, implementing that with the gallery will take a little more time. I hope to have that working for the December contest. November's contest will not be anonymous. The voting may be anonymous, but people will know (if they are looking for it) who the photo belongs to.

Each member may submit up to two images. However, the judges will only consider the highest rated photo from each member.

This contest is introducing some new rules that are still under development. Judging criteria and other aspects of the contest will be more refined as the month progresses.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them. In the case where the rules are changed, the prize(s) listed above will remain the same.

Last edited:
Voting results should now be hidden until the voting has ended. I did not get the chance to completely test the code, so let me know if there are any problems.

some helpful links:
contest gallery

Last edited:
Yes, each member is allowed to submit up to two photos. However, only one photo per member can win in any particular contest. This is stated at the bottom of the original post:
Each member may submit up to two images. However, the judges will only consider the highest rated photo from each member.

Last day to vote!

Just a reminder that today is the last day to vote. :eek:
All registered members should be able to participate. Also, if you have any suggestions for future contests please post them in the photo contest forums.

The results of the November contest will be posted on Monday. I am currently waiting to hear back from the judges.

The December contest gallery folder is already open and accepting photos (nice veiled in there already). I will be posting the December contest thread later today.

The Results​

nov_05_1st.gif

1st place: neil nosy be
Species: Furcifer Pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon (Nosy Be)
Sex: Male
Name: Harry

nov_05_2nd_b.gif

2nd place: opti
Species: Furcifer Pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon (??)
Name: Recks

nov_05_2nd_a.gif

2nd place: DanielleB
Species: Chamaeleo Chamaeleo Calyptratus
Common: Veiled Chameleon
Name: Herb

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top three photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 1: 5 pts
photo 2: 3 pts
photo 5: 3 pts

judge rankings
We only had two judges this month: Chamgirl and myself. The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:
judge1:
photo5 => 3 pts
photo1 => 2 pts
photo2 => 1 pts

judge2:
photo2 => 3pts
photo1 => 2pts
photo5 => 1ptd

point totals
photo1: 9 pts
photo2: 7 pts
photo5: 7 pts

congratulations to the winners :) :D
medals have been issued :eek:

Last edited:
Thoughts on the November contest

This contest was the first to introduce judges and a true point system. A few obvious modifications are needed and a few more contests need to pass before I will know if this system works. If you have any comments or suggestion, please post them here.

If you are curious why your photo did not do better, I will be happy to reply publicly or via pm.

Back
Top Bottom