not using legs

CoolCham

Hello, I am worried about my male Jacksons. Lately he has been resting on the branches, but not really using his legs. He is a great eater and I dust with calcium so I don't think its metabolic bone disease. He also has a uvb bulb and we feed him mostly crickets. I have seen him drink recently. I'll try to post pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20130802_162248_362.jpg
    IMG_20130802_162248_362.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 113
It might be something involving his feet. If you think something might possibly be wrong, take him to the vet.

I'm no expert, so I can't tell you what exactly is going on, but I would highly recommend a visit to the vet.

Hello, I am worried about my male Jacksons. Lately he has been resting on the branches, but not really using his legs. He is a great eater and I dust with calcium so I don't think its metabolic bone disease. He also has a uvb bulb and we feed him mostly crickets. I have seen him drink recently. I'll try to post pictures.

did this happen suddenly, or did he get slowly worse over time?
I would suggest a vet visit
and providing answers to all the questions in the "how to ask for help" sticky

His back feet look very swollen in the pics. When they dangle their legs like that on a constant basis that means they can be in pain. He could have a condition known as gout. Pleae get him to a vet and have him checked out.

Sorry about not posting. He is still dangling his feet, but hasn't got any worse. I have noticed a lot of signs of gout (increased aggressiveness, swollen legs and not using them) But i havent noticed any increased drinking. He still refuses food though. We have also increased mistimes and have given him 2 showers so far, and I noticed gets angry and moves away of you touch his back legs, so I would guess he's in pain. Any chance this could be MBD? His legs don't seem to "bow" but they are a bit shaky when he moves, which I read is a sign of MBD. Any help/advice is appreciated, as well as advice on anything we can give him to help. Thanks, sorry the pics might be blurry
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375639550.937604.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375639586.462804.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375639598.498915.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375639620.905894.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375639645.520911.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375639671.485156.jpg

I have not gotten to the vet because its Sunday, but we will. Any advice? Anything we can give him in the meantime? Im not sure if its MBD or gout

What type of supplements do you use? And how often?

I ask because I believe I have seen a similar situation with a Jackson's that seemed to have overdosed on vitamin d3. All of his feeders were dusted with calcium w/d3. Swollen limbs.

Back
Top Bottom