Not Sure What's Going on wth my Veiled

I'm sorry that this is hard, I know this is all a surprise and u are doing the best u can for her. I hope that this has a happy ending for you.

I'm sorry that this is hard, I know this is all a surprise and u are doing the best u can for her. I hope that this has a happy ending for you.

I appreciate you saying that. I've gotten very attached to this little reptile. I got some more water into her today. I didn't really have a lot of time this morning before I had to leave but she didn't eat the other blue worm today. I thought she was going to but no. I tell her every day (not that she can hear me) that I'm not giving up on her.

I'm glad to hear that (about the tail), but that isn't good that she is eggbound, I don't know how often you dust your crickets in calcium, and I'm not saying that you don't give enough calcium, but You should try to give her extra calcium. She will need all the calcium she can get.

I usually dust her crickets 2x a week. Plus I hear these blue worms are a lot of calcium. She ate one yesterday and when I go home today I'll see if she'll eat the other. I don't want to give her any crickets yet because she can't chase them around the cage to eat.

I could be wrong, but the blue horned worms are better
20170920_162532.jpg
Screenshot_20170920-161842.png
Screenshot_20170920-161601.png
Screenshot_20170920-161041.png
for hydration (I fed O a couple for 2 days in a row when she wasn't pooping... worked like a charm. Cham prune juice?? Lol).

A worm that is great for calcium is the black soldier fly larva (BSFL). And butterworms are good, too.

I don't want to make assumptions, just trying to be helpful... but have you tried to extend your search for a vet close by, or within a reasonable drive? I looked up a few "in your area", but not knowing your area it could be far... I attached a few pics using a site to find reptile vets. They may prove to be dead ends, but if you haven't already, call them and see if THEY know of a vet that could help and get their referrals. Call around to pet stores and ask them what vet they use. I'm in Southern Cal and I drive an hour for my vet (one way).

I am crossing my fingers and sending good vibes from the West Coast! (My view from my car waiting for my kid)

It is with heavy heart I have to say she did not make it. I didn't realize how attached I was to her until I was crying my eyes out last night. Thank you everyone for your input.

Back
Top Bottom