not sure if this is unhealthy or something idk ahh

Zucchini Cham

okay so i have a juvenile veiled chameleon (almost 5 months) and ive noticed that her head is looking a bit dull (not necessarily grey but not as bright green as the rest of her body) im not sure if it has to do with her health or shedding or if this is just normal for the age so if someone could let me know that would be awesome:)

Attachments

• 0413240E-7CD6-46A9-A219-A8581CC3E796.jpeg
    0413240E-7CD6-46A9-A219-A8581CC3E796.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 105
Did it shed? Or is this still ongoing? Looks ok. As they mature and shed the will show more variation in color. As they near a shed they will loose some vibrancy in color and appear dull. Hope this helps. Cool cham by the way.

Did it shed? Or is this still ongoing? Looks ok. As they mature and shed the will show more variation in color. As they near a shed they will loose some vibrancy in color and appear dull. Hope this helps. Cool cham by the way.

she did shed but her head is still the same shade of grey

Just keep in mind when they are young those really bright colors indicate stress as well. So if she is a bright solid green she may not want to be handled much or there could be an issue with her enclosure that is not making her happy.

Just keep in mind when they are young those really bright colors indicate stress as well. So if she is a bright solid green she may not want to be handled much or there could be an issue with her enclosure that is not making her happy.
I thought that bright green was good/calm for a veiled and stripes or darker color meant stress/discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom