not pooping

chowser

Hello all
I have about a year and half old panther. Its been around two weeks and he hasnt pooped to me it looks like his stomach is getting bigger? I havent had a single problem with him but now im noticing his eating has slowed. Is he compacted? Theres really nothing in his caged he could eat. Should I make a vet visit or is there ssomething I can do at home??

Thanks
Chris

Hello all
I have about a year and half old panther. Its been around two weeks and he hasnt pooped to me it looks like his stomach is getting bigger? I havent had a single problem with him but now im noticing his eating has slowed. Is he compacted? Theres really nothing in his caged he could eat. Should I make a vet visit or is there ssomething I can do at home??

Thanks
Chris

Try giving him a long warm shower (research shower method) or getting him some prolonged warm sun.

If these don't get him pooping than it is probably time for a vet visit. Two weeks is a long time with no poop.

Good luck!

Hello :) Have you tried giving a warm shower / misting? My male Nosy Be did this twice and sure enough.. during a longer warm shower.. big poops. What are you feeding your little guy?

Thanks for the replies!
I havent given him a shower yet. I did a while back for shedding. Is primary diet is silkworms and crickets. I will try the warm shower today!!

Shower him with warm water for 20-30 mins. Being out is the sun tends to make mine go. Mine has gone 3 weeks before without a poop. I gave him a two or three drops of fish oil and he produced a 10g poop. There is a danger of prolapse with large poops so try to get him to go sooner rather than later.:)

I let him walk around the garden supervised. I think the excersise helps. Often find he does it while he's walking.:D I have also found that this sometimes happens when he is given silks. So now I give silks one feed and locusts the next.:)

Goooood news

Did a nice outside walk came in for a nice shower and he FINALLY did a huge poop!

Thanks for all the help!!

Great, that's a relief in more ways then one ;)

I use olive oil. Just one drop on a cricket or other feeder does the trick.

Much easier then the warm bath thing, but that surly does work also,
though you may get the poop in the bath water. :eek:

That is good news! Warm showers and some outside time always make for a happier cham!
Also he's a beaut, good luck with him.

Back
Top Bottom