Not holding humidity

Eshelton3

Hey everyone! Well I’ve had some trouble with humidity unfortunately. I have a Reptibreeze XL and I wrapped it in a clear shower curtain on the left,right, and back of the cage to hold on the humidity but unfortunately it’s not working. Im
Not sure what I should do next? I’ve bought a fogger as well to see if it would help but no it hasn’t. Ugh help please ☺️

What are You used to measure the humidity
1CB41D0A-5F65-4678-8AC0-A437BEE44B8D.png

38% is fine. As long as it doesn’t go or stay below 30%. The only thing I can think to do is to use the insulating window film which fits more securely than a shower curtain. You’d have to take your cham out of your enclosure when you apply it though. Even though it goes on the outside, you will need to use a hair dryer to make it cling. If that isn’t enough, you could also add a strip on the front door, leaving the service door as is for air ventilation.

I used plexiglass and punched holes in it and zip tied 3 pieces together, and just propped them up on the sides so there was still air circulation, it brought my humidity levels up drastically.
Just curious how do you punch holes in it? Like a drill or some other special tool?

Hey everyone! Well I’ve had some trouble with humidity unfortunately. I have a Reptibreeze XL and I wrapped it in a clear shower curtain on the left,right, and back of the cage to hold on the humidity but unfortunately it’s not working. Im
Not sure what I should do next? I’ve bought a fogger as well to see if it would help but no it hasn’t. Ugh help please ☺️
Sorry if this has been covered...
  • Bare floor or bioactive?
  • ALL live plants? Live plants help increase and maintain humidity.
  • Are you misting at night? Schedule?
I'm not familiar with that hygrometer. Does it have a probe/probes? When we set up a chameleon enclosure, we're establishing a microclimate. Within that microclimate are many smaller microclimates—like the air within an inch or so of foliage vs. air elsewhere in the enclosure. Probes allow us to measure/monitor the actual air (conditions) the chameleon is breathing, which is more accurate/representative than sticking a unit on the wall.

Humidity/moisture dissipation is very much like heat dissipation (if that helps any). What holds in one will often hold in the other.

Sorry if this has been covered...
  • Bare floor or bioactive?
  • ALL live plants? Live plants help increase and maintain humidity.
  • Are you misting at night? Schedule?
I'm not familiar with that hygrometer. Does it have a probe/probes? When we set up a chameleon enclosure, we're establishing a microclimate. Within that microclimate are many smaller microclimates—like the air within an inch or so of foliage vs. air elsewhere in the enclosure. Probes allow us to measure/monitor the actual air (conditions) the chameleon is breathing, which is more accurate/representative than sticking a unit on the wall.

Humidity/moisture dissipation is very much like heat dissipation (if that helps any). What holds in one will often hold in the other.
I have a bare floor, I have one fake vines of leaves but the rest are real ( 5 real plants) I mist at 7pm, 12am, and 7am

I normally only use them in the summer, and they fold up nicely for storage. You also can't see your reflection in them which is good for chams
20220115_125147.jpg
20220115_125134.jpg

I have a bare floor, I have one fake vines of leaves but the rest are real ( 5 real plants) I mist at 7pm, 12am, and 7am
OK, you might try misting more at night. I mist for 2 min. ea @ 6pm, 9pm, Midnight, 3am, & 6am, which is just enough to keep my average humidity within parameters and dry out between mistings.
(48x24x48 hybrid enclosure) If it doesn't work, no harm—go back to prev. schedule.

I didn't ask, but if you're running a muffin (computer) fan on your enclosure, try leaving it off during the driest periods; you shouldn't need it anyway.

When you apply/attach the shower curtain/window insulation, the edges should be taped tightly to the frame with no leaks.

As MissSkittles mentioned, seal the main part of the door as well, leaving the bottom front panel and enclosure top screened.

A drop in nighttime temperature will automatically raise the RH. Temperature and relative humidity are inversely proportional.

The micro-RH that I mentioned close to the foliage can be 10% or more higher than just a few inches away. This is why probes can be important.

That's about all I've got right now unless...
1642277699404.png

Back
Top Bottom