Not fond of keeping crickets

Eustis does like his roaches but aren’t they pretty much like feeding him the same thing even though they are different species? I want to give him a variety to keep him interested in eating.
Different types of roaches have different amounts of nutrients in them, but like you said, variety is best, so rotating through species and other bugs is still preferred.

I’m afraid to try red runners because they’re fast and all that. I also have to take into consideration the size of prey items because Eustis is small. I’m looking and thinking about what else I can get for him. Soon the snow will be flying so I may have to stick with crickets if nothing else will survive being mailed here.

Babies of any species will be small enough if the adults are too big. So I guess it depends on what you want to breed and the max size of roach you can tolerate. Horseshoe crab roaches can breed in lower temps than other roaches, so they can be an option, as well!

I don’t really want to breed anything. If I’m going to get other roaches besides Dubia then I want another species that doesn’t fly or jump and can’t climb out of the tub and also won’t infest my house. I know that’s a lot to expect but if I can’t get anything like that then I guess I’ll have to stick with crickets mush as I don’t like them.

Isn’t there a chart somewhere that shows the nutritional value for feeder insects? I know I’ve seen it but don’t know where to find it

If anyone can find it can they share it here? I have to order feeder insects tomorrow and I need to make sure I pick the more nutritious ones. I know I’m going to get more Dubia and Phoenix worms but not sure what else. I may get some wax or butter worms as treats.

I think Rainbow Mealworms still has the custom pack, but it doesn't have the same options that the chameleon one did. TC Insects also has variety packs, as well!

Back
Top Bottom