Not eating

squiggles13

So we have had our male nosy be for about a month. Up until we moved him to his bigger cage when we got our girl, he was destroying crickets. Now, he will strike at them, munch a little bit and spit them out. At first i thought they might be a little big for him, since our female is 2 months older and a little bigger than him. We have been finding the smaller crickets to feed him but he still does it.

He will, however, eat butter worms, wax worms, and super worms. he ate 5 supers from my hand earlier.

so basically my question is, does he not like crickets anymore, or might something be wrong? :confused::confused::confused:

You spoiled him.

Hes waiting for you to feed him the butters, wax, and supers.

Stop feeding these a lot anyway, they aren't super good for him.

Hes on a cricket strike cuz he wants his dessert without eating dinner.

ALso, try getting some silkworms and some roaches.

Variety is key to a healthy cham!

thanks for the reply.
we usually do feed them as a snack, and not every day either.
I just fed them to him today because he kept spitting out his crickets. The crickets would be all the way in his mouth, he would chew on them and then decide he didn't want it and spit it out.

If he's all over anything that wriggles and worms, try some phoenix worms! Yuki goes wild for them, and they're really healthy too! Packed with calcium :D As camimom said, silkworms are also a great wriggly food.

If you can't get either, and crickets are one of your only options, don't feel bad for him and try crickets every day until he gets hungry enough to eat them. Hunger will overcome his spoiled-y-ness sooner than later :)

You could also provide BB flies, grasshoppers/locusts or hornworms... mantises are also another option, if you can get a hold of some!

Surprisingly, he's not a big fan of phoenix worms. The supers i fed him today were very small, it was more to make sure he ate something. I just thought it was odd that as soon as we moved him to the bigger cage, he started spitting out all the crickets I heard/saw him eat, especially since we haven't had an issue with him eating the crickets before. Some i think were too big, but all the others were alot smaller. I think we will have to try silk worms or try phoenix worms again.

If he doesn't like the phoenix worms as worms, he might love the flies that hatch out! :D Marimo is picky and refuses to eat and icky wormy-things... but he will go wild for black soldier flies :)

Back
Top Bottom