Not eating

Slicknick09

Im trying to get my nosy be to cup feed but hes not eating. He will stare at the crickets but no go for them. He ate three supers yesterday. Im curious how long it will take before he decides to feed from the cup. He's drinking and basking and pretty much doing everything a chameleon should be doing but not eating.

just perservere he will eat when hes ready.there are so many threads like this and most of the time its just because there settling in.just leave him be.mist and pop the food cup in there leave him to get used to his new home.make sure he can get to it easily and see them.they can take a while to eat just make sure hes drinking.how long have you had him?
although a pic of your setup and if you could fill this in would be great just to make sure your little guys home is ok.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Nosy be, male 6 months old
handling: once a day for about a minute.
food: crickets, supers, silks, I tried hornworms but he wont eat them
supplements: repashy
watering: spray bottle misting however, I have a mistking on the way,
fecal: black with white urate.

screen cage, 20x20x42
Zoo med reptisun 5.0 compact, and 60 watt zoo med blue bulb
ambient room temp: 75
basking : 80-85
humidity: 50-70
plants: schefflera, ive made the enclosure exrremely dense with foliage.
Cage is 3ft off the ground

Ive had him since the end of February. He hand fed from me the first day, now he doesn't. Im assuming he is now associating my hand with the devil so he doesn't want to eat due to me over handling him.

I cant let them free roam due to the fact that they escape and the cage is so dense with plants I don't think he can find them.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• 2013-04-06T15-29-57_0.jpg
    2013-04-06T15-29-57_0.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 2013-04-06T15-29-58_1.jpg
    2013-04-06T15-29-58_1.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom